1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GA's Contest for an Idea of Future Contests

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by ethics, Oct 26, 2002.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Contest:

This forum will be conducting many contests, bi-monthly or montly. The contests are something that we need suggestions on.

Rules:

Submit an idea of what future contests this forum should hold. The posts need not be essays, there's no rule on wording, spelling, or anything else stringent. Just an idea.

Bonus:

Special consideration to those that also include ideas for prizes. I am not a millionaire, so let's keep the prizes moderate. :)

Prize for this Contest

An Annual subscription to National Geographics Magazine

Please reply to this post with your ideas. I would also ask that please do not discuss other people's choices this is strictly for the contest.

The contests starts today and officially ends at Midnight, Tuesday October 29th, 2002.

We vote on all of the nominees on Wed, 10/30/2002.

Good luck to all.

Any questions or comments, Private Message me please.

2. Sunriser13

Sunriser13 Knee Deep in Paradise

Well, I guess I'll break the ice - perhaps it will help more creative juices to flow...

My idea of something that might be fun and interesting for all is an issues-oriented internet scavenger hunt. This is something that could be adapted to become a recurring event if people enjoy it.

Prizes could be GA-personalized items such as t-shirts or coffee mugs (hey, free advertising! :) ), or something as simple as a book, perhaps chosen from a list of books available. Other ideas could include theme-related items, for example a small decorative item related to a country being discussed.

3. Coot

Coot Passed Away January 7, 2010

I should like to submit for consideration, a contest whereby the winner is the submitter of the most eloquent post on say...Victorian licentiousness with at least 50% of the supporting documentation being found on this site or this one. (preferably the latter).

(Edit)Actually, as a huge fan of Tom Robbins, I was hoping there was a writer of similar skill among us...just my meager attempt of seducing said writer out of obscurity. ;)

4. Violet1966

Violet1966 Stand and Deliver Staff Member

I think a good contest would be one based on how you are looked at by others sorta. Like have a contest on who can let someone have it respectfully without bashing or flaming or bad feelings involved. Call it a contest of tact if you will. LOL :)

<small>ps everyone: just to let you all know here cause I'm not really announcing it all over the place over there...I had the baby. He was born on Oct 24th and is doing great. I'm feeling ok too. Just wanted to let everyone here know. I might not be on as much but still check in to read the latest and check im's. Please keep any comments to im's cause I don't want to hijack this thread but had to let everyone know. </small>

5. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Yah, Misu filled us in but let me personally (as personally as we can get on a forum) CONGRATS!

Lots of love, health, and LUCK! :)