1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Games of the Year 2002

Discussion in 'PC/Console Gaming' started by ethics, Dec 25, 2002.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

<a href="http://gamespot.com/gamespot/features/all/bestof2002/">Gamespot</a> and <a href="http://www.gamespy.com/goty2002/pc/">Gamespy</a> have released their top games for 2002. Gamespot features worse game of the year as well as some additional categories.

Gamespot picked Battlefield 1942 as the best multi-player game (out of UT2003, Medal of Honor: Allied Assault, America's Army: Operations, et al). I have to agree with that, not because BF1942 was awesome (in many aspects it is) but because it WAS better than the ones mentioned. UT2003 was a huge disappointment for me.

Out of MRTS, there were only two nominees. WC3 and AoM (see my review in this forum).

Rred? Guess what? They chose WC3. :p Flame me you big boy you. ;)

Hell, Gamespot took WC3 as the overall GAME OF THE YEAR.
    =================================

Gamespy choices were a bit different and weird. Their game of the year (overall) was No One Lives Forever 2: A Spy In H.A.R.M.'s Way. They did their selections a bit different than Gamespot as well.

The only choice I agreed with them was Action Game of the year which was GTA3. It was fantastic.

Anyway, if you want to check it out the links up top. :)

2. Ravenink

Ravenink Veteran Member

morrowind gets no luv?

3. ethics

Nope. Not in these two sites. :(

4. RRedline

RRedline Veteran MMember

Hehe...Warcraft III, eh? Well, I still think it sux. It's nothing but eye candy...just like Star Wars Episodes I and II. Lots of pretty colors, though. ;)

Was there no mention of Morrowind? Or Jedi Knight II?

5. ethics

JKII sucked, imho. :)

And Misu would disagree on WC3; I think she still plays it.

6. Frodo Lives

Frodo Lives to hit it!

Warcraft 3 did suck. I hate that game. Warcraft 2 was so much better.

Morrowind blows. I guess if you never played to first 2 in the series, Arena and Daggerfall, you might like it. But Morrowind falls far short of the series.

Jedi Knight 2 was good. I am not a big fan of most Star Wars games. With a few exceptions: Tie Fighter, X-wing, Rebellion, and Rogue Squadron 1 & 2.

7. Ravenink

Ravenink Veteran Member

hehe, I like WC3...actually just started playing it recently. Pretty good so far.

Morrowind...never played the first two, but you have to admit the graphics were absolutely stunning, possibly the best I have ever seen in a computer game. The gameplay was good, and I thought the stories were interesting. the Construction Set was a huge boost as well, as mods make the game even more playable. To me, it was the best computer rpg since ultima 7