1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gamecube Broadband Adapter

Discussion in 'PC/Console Gaming' started by FrankF, Dec 27, 2002.

1. FrankF

FrankF #55170-054

I got my son a Gamecube Broadband adapter and PSO I & II game for Christmas.... hooked it up today to my Netgear RT-314 router using Earthlink DSL.... and it actually works (big sigh of relief).

2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

LOL! Well, how is it?

3. FrankF

FrankF #55170-054

I didn't actually play online.... my son likes it though. I just ran a 50 foot Cat 5 cable between the BBA and my router and did the account setup.

4. ethics

Ah ok... Dying to know how well Nintendo did this. :)

5. FrankF

FrankF #55170-054

So far, Phantasy Star Online I & II is the only game that works with the Nintendo Gamecube Broadband Adapter. The game itself is distributed by Sega, and also works with X-Box, Playstation 2, and Dreamcast. Sega usually makes decent stuff, so I wasn't worried about that.

What impressed me was that I was able to make a Nintendo proprietary network adapter work first time with my Netgear router which is also designed as a hardware firewall.

6. ethics

Sorry, I didn't mean to take out the fire out of that. ;)

Actually, it gives me hope that the X-box will work with my linky? Or is that too much to hope for?

7. FrankF

FrankF #55170-054

I have read that it will. I did a lot of reading at sega.com and in the harware forums at "that other site" before I bought the adapter.

8. Misu

Misu Hey, I saw that.

What router do you have, ethics?

We use the standard 4 port broadband router (I think it's the BEFSR41?), and you just plug the xbox into the router and it works just fine.

9. ethics

Awesome, it's the same router. :)