1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GA popularity bogging it down?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by drslash, Nov 18, 2002.

1. drslash

drslash It's all about the beer

Ethics,
    Is the growing popularity of GA putting a strain on the system? How much can the user base and usage grow before the site croaks from the strain?

Keep up the good work. Thanks.

2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Actually it's not the strain within the system, it's my ISP which was bought out in August. What you are feeling is the new management.

I am currently negotiating with my brother to get me up and going on his super duper server. January might be the month and it's probably when the new VBulletin version 3 will be in beta.

So, bad things short term, great things in the future, at least that's how it's looking. :)

3. Techie2000

Techie2000 The crowd would sing:

What are we currently being hosted off of as far as server and internet connection goes?

4. ethics

Aletia hosting (used to be) and now something called JaguarPc.

5. ethics

Just checked the logs and let's just say that the October usage was less than 140MEGS in bandwidth which is very very low.

I already sent JaguarPC a message telling them that they either fix it soon, or we move.

I honestly do not have a choice and nothing is more frustrating than seeing this forum down, db errors, etc...

It's unnacceptable for what we do here.