1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GA Forum Changing the Model of the Dollar System

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by ethics, Jan 12, 2003.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Thought long and hard on this and I think many would agree with the changes.

Firstly, the admins and mods are sort of locked out of this "economy" because we can, after all, do the things we want anyway, so why bother right? Well, I want to change that. I am sure all of the mods/hosts want to participate and, hell, so do I.

I will disallow myself and other hosts to simply change things without the proper purchase. With any other crew, I am sure I would have heard a lot of complaints, but not with the current roster. I believe we want to participate on the same level as any other member. Plus, it makes the playing more fun for EVERYone. :)

HOWEVER.

I also want to reward hosts of this forum with dollars as well. The reward system will be automated based on how well something was done, percentage of the money for anything bought in GlobalAffairs Store will go to a pool, and at pay day, every host will get a share of the pie automatically donated to them in a form of a paycheck. It will have manual intevention as well for properly/timely splitting a thread (with linking to the old thread, proper color application to the edits, and inclusion of name for example), moving a topic, original contests and ideas for their own hosted forums, etc...

I am now almost done with an arcade for this forum. There's only 5 games in flash right now, but it will take 50 GA bucks to play a single game, sort of like quarters. The 50 bucks will go towards a GA Arcade pool and will be automatically donated to the member with the highest score.

Any new user who posts will receive automatic 300 GA dollars to use on betting in Sports forum or playing arcade, or buying an avatar. People who register here and do not post will not be included in this giveaway.

If your title is changed via another user purchasing that option, one rule, no crying and/or complaining. It's for FUN, and once you accumulate enough dollars --which really is not too hard-- you can purchase your own and overwrite it. :) No one has complained but I see people getting enough money now, in which they can do this. I want to nip this issue at the root.

The above rules and regulations are subject to change.

2. midranger4

midranger4 Banned

No way to enter the arcade to just practice :(

BUMMER

3. ethics

Nope. No practice. :)

Think of it as the video arcade machines of old. You needed quarters just to practice. :)

Besides, 50 bucks is nothing and actually makes it more exciting playing the game because you know you are aiming for that big pool.

4. wapu

wapu Veteran Member

Cool.

wapu

5. HaYwIrE

HaYwIrE Banned

Christ almighty. I can see it now...

<b>HaYwIrE</b>
    <small>Gay Liberal</small>

I can also see an account being deleted and a new one in the works. G'head. Waste your GA dollars. :nut:

6. ethics

Aw geez, you complaining already?

You can dish it out but you have a knack for not taking it well? Where's your spirit of fun?

7. HaYwIrE

HaYwIrE Banned

We'll see. :_

8. ethics

That's better, soldier. Suck it up and take it. :p

Besides, I am sure many are tempted to throw a label on you, but I doubt, with all new features going in to the GA economy, they would want to.

9. HaYwIrE

HaYwIrE Banned

Bullshit. I'll be a gay Liberal by the end of the month. :rolleyes:

10. ethics

JD, you have no idea how funny the above looked on my screen.

I doubt you will ever be a gay liberal, even if it's the end of the year. ;)

If people DO slap a title, I hope it's more inventive and not as vindicative as that.

11. HaYwIrE

HaYwIrE Banned

I can imagine, Leon. I can just imagine. :_

12. Coot

Coot Passed Away January 7, 2010

Well, Gay Liberal certainly has a more dignified ring to it than....oh say....Pinko Pickle Puffer :p

<small>Looking for body armor</small>

13. HaYwIrE

HaYwIrE Banned

Ummmm... Coot? Would you be terribly offended if I asked you to shut the hell up and quit giving these people ideas? If you <b>would</b>, I'll just, as politely as possible, ask you to shut the hell up and quit giving these people ideas. :mad:

14. bruzzes

bruzzes Truthslayer

Well ethics,

You gave me plenty of warning. The 1700 dollars I donated might have been enough to learn some of the arcade games. (lol)!
    <small>actually, I suck at them.</small>

I agree the new setup is quite fair.
    The moderators here have done a tremendous job in their respective forums and deserve dollars as well as Kudos.

I am still looking forward to the new site version.
    It is almost like the old days when I was a kid waiting for Christmas morning to open my gifts. :)

PS Actually "Pooh Bear" has a nice ring Haywire...

15. HaYwIrE

HaYwIrE Banned

Fuck you.

16. HaYwIrE

HaYwIrE Banned

That was a joke... humor... kidding...

Unless you were serious. :p

17. bruzzes

bruzzes Truthslayer

:):):)Me? Serious?:):):)

18. HaYwIrE

HaYwIrE Banned

Then it wasn't a joke. :p

19. Scott

Scott Some Assembly Required

where are these games? i can't find 'em......

20. ethics

Not done yet, young Luke, have Ja ja patience. :p