1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GA Clan?

Discussion in 'PC/Console Gaming' started by ethics, Aug 21, 2003.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

How does this server package look to you all?

Never mind, apparently their cheaper options do not carry NWN. So the one that does is THIS plan.
  2. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

Looks OK...I'll work an extra hour one day to pay the bill.

3. Sierra Mike

Actually, I like the pro plan better. :)

4. ethics

LOL! I got the bill, I just need help promoting the gaming and people to admin the box (although the hosting plan DOES have a nice 2 hour tutorial on the administration for the game server.
  5. Domh

Domh Full Member

"excessive bandwidth"

sounds good!
  6. ethics

My only question is if 8 GIGs of bandwidth will be enough? I am hoping it's more than but...
  7. Sierra Mike

I actually like the higher-up models...multiple games. I like shooters myself. I can stand to kick in the $129 a month, if someone is interested in picking up the rest for a plussed-up device.

8. ethics

Well, we can try it and see how it works out. After a month or two we can get another box with a shooter or something. But I get a feeling you will like NWN more than you think you will.

Especially if Rredline is playing. (JUUUUUBILATION!).
  9. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

Guys, I'm a Mac head, and don't have NWN, but am fixing to move over to the dark side in about a week or two, and buy a PC. I'll pick up a copy of NWN and take a cut of the server fees.

Leon, it says 8 GB of web site traffic throughput per month, not total data. I'd guess that means your clan downloadables and page serving, and not gameserver/gameclient data transmission. There's no way they can have a stated 16 player server and then have it routinely exceed limits if you're just playing 16 people.
  10. ethics

Ah ok, that makes more sense and thanks for the explanation. With the pro plan, we definitely have room for you and more! :)
  11. Frodo Lives

Frodo Lives to hit it!

I would like to help with the payment, but I am so broke I can't even afford to pay attention. What was I saying?
  12. EMIG

EMIG Yup

13. Domh

Domh Full Member

I would strongly advise against using the mac version, if its even out yet. Lord knows what sort of insanity that will lead to.
  14. EMIG

EMIG Yup

What do you know? I browsed the Mac forum at Bioware and saw only one serious problem, and it seemed unrelated to Internet play.
  15. Domh

Domh Full Member

Was it related to running it on a Mac? :p

No SOU, no HOTU etc. etc.

Lets all play on the same field. If we have 1 or 2 mac users who INSIST on playing with mac (NWN without a right mouse button? sick!) it will mean we cant play with all the extra cool stuff of the expansion packs.

THATS what I know tough guy!

16. EMIG

EMIG Yup

Yup, you get a black screen ocassionally.

I was genuinely curious. No offense meant.

You can hook up a regular mouse to a Mac, and the right button works in at least some applications. (Yes, I've tried it myself. Those single-button mice they ship with are sick!)

Does it not work on NWN for some reason?

I haven't bought SOU either - is it going to be required?
  17. Domh

Domh Full Member

LOL - no offense taken or meant here either my friend. ;)

Im not sure if the mac version will support a third party 2 button mouse - I would guess it would cause I assume the right button on the mouse just does the same thing as holding the Apple Key, activating the radial menu for NWN.

I think we definitely SHOULD play with SOU because of the new spells, feats and prestige classes, which add ALOT to the game.

If those of you on the light side of the force have access to a vader machine, I think youll be happier using it for NWN.
  18. hipifreq

hipifreq Resident Hippy

The box looks good. 16 simultaneous players should be good, but I wonder if it could support multiple games at once? Like running a Wolf ET server 24/7 AND playing the occassional NWN module. If not, it wouldn't be a problem to just switch games around as wanted.

A bandwidth cap could prove to be interesting... I'd like to see what kind of bandwidth is needed to run 12 players in NWN 24/7 for a month. Throughput caps are my only concern, as going over them usually leads to quick price hikes.

As for money, I'm glad some people are so quick to offer some. I'm just a poor student at the local state U, so money's way to tight to offer something like this....
  19. ethics

I don't think we can swap the games on the server. On their sign up page, you choose the game you want. If someone can email them and ask...
  20. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

I looked at the machine specs required for Mac version and PC version, and I don't meet Mac requirements now. Either way, I'd have to get another machine, which I'm going to do anyway. I've already decided to go to the dark side, because I need to run PC applications too much. I can pick up a bitchin' PC for $1500, and that's what I'm going to do.

Oh, and Domh, two button mice on Macs work the same as two button mice on PCs. There's no difference. The only difference is having to shell out the twenty extra bucks to get one.