1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GA Clan?

Discussion in 'PC/Console Gaming' started by ethics, Aug 21, 2003.

1. melpomene

melpomene Banned

Have ya heard of Boadecia, Queen of the Iceni people in Northern England around the time of the Romans - Hadrian's Wall etc. Well they were an army predominantly of women. They cut of their left breast so that they could use their bows and arrows more effectively against the Romans. How cool is that??
  2. Fiona

Fiona Veteran Member

way cool... although I'll go for a tight wrap around ;)
    I'm a great shot, did you know? :p
    (okay not with a bow... with a gun... be warned Frodo rofl) Oh and to keep this on topic :) when were you planning these games Ethics?
  3. Domh

Domh Full Member

4. Fiona

Fiona Veteran Member

oh... that's So me... I think I'll change my name rofl thanks dom :love:
  5. Domh

Domh Full Member

You DONT have a job and you havent already finished NWN and the SOU expansion?

Wheres my frelling paddle... c'mere you...

6. Fiona

Fiona Veteran Member

haven't even started........ but if you promise to paddle me... I may take longer ;)
  7. melpomene

melpomene Banned

8. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

That's like cutting own's teste to ride horses better. I think it was stupid, but hey.
  9. Domh

Domh Full Member

Back on topic.

Ill help in any way I can. I know NWN pretty well and know the community and tools. I can assist with that aspect of things.

I think we would have alot of fun with a NWN server. Im not so sure we should let randoms in at all though. That scene is usually not so pretty.

If the box is good we can certainly set up multiple games - get some roaring craft going, etc.

Let me know what I can do to help, Leon.

10. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

I need to find a good game server first with reasonable stats and fees. Then make techie, hipi and you the admins. One of you, or all three, will decide what mod to play what scenarios to load, who the DM will be, etc... Heck, that's half the fun and a reward for taking your time to set this all up.
  11. hipifreq

hipifreq Resident Hippy

sweet! I've got a modest Linux machine and DSL line that we can test some mods & such on. Limited to strictly testing due to my crappy upload cap *GRRRR!*

Hmm, if we really start a clan (have we already just be showing interest) maybe we should also start a sub-forum for clan members?
  12. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

That might be interesting...though of course, I would prefer RED ALERT. :)

13. Techie2000

Techie2000 The crowd would sing:

Steve, you mean to tell me you haven't played Generals yet?

Anyways I will pick up NeverWinter Nights next time I go out. I've played it at my friends house and like the game, just never got around to picking it up. Should I pick up the expansion pack too?
  14. Domh

Domh Full Member

Hell yes.
  15. Frodo Lives

Frodo Lives to hit it!

The expansion is more then extra gaming. It adds more character choices, weapons, spells, and a graphic improvment.
  16. Fiona

Fiona Veteran Member

How much money are we talkin about... gotta pinch pennies for about 10 days ;)
  17. Domh

Domh Full Member

18. Frodo Lives

Frodo Lives to hit it!

:eek:t: Dom, wait till you get to BG 2. You spend a lot of time in the underdark fighting mindflayers. Prepare to by reloading your game every couple minutes.
  19. EMIG

EMIG Yup

Count me in. I am willing to defray some of the cost, within reason.

I am an experienced Unix admin. I haven't played NWN since Imp flaked on us, and thus have only tried the beta Linux client. I got bored with the single-player campaign.

I've been playing Savage 'cause I saw it at the Gentoo booth in Linuxworld and was impressed.

It's an interesting combination of a Civ/AoE-type game with an FPS. You get a beta account if you pre-order (I did.) The Linux beta has been fairly stable.

In any case, I'd love to play NWN with y'all again.
  20. Frodo Lives

Frodo Lives to hit it!