1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Free Speech on Campus, Part Never

Discussion in 'Society and Culture' started by SixofNine, Nov 10, 2015.

1. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

This happened during the protests at the University of Missouri. The woman in the video who almost immediately starts yelling "you need to get out," is Melissa Click, a professor in the School of Communication. The WSJ points out that that school is separate from the well-regarded Missouri School of Journalism—though the J-school also lists her as an adjunct faculty member. “Journalism School faculty members are taking immediate action to review that appointment,” the dean, David Kurpius, says in a statement.

The Asian gentleman trying to take pictures is Tim Tai, a student photographer on freelance assignment for ESPN.

ethics likes this.
  2. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Of course! What's even more ironic is if the shoe was on the other foot and the protesters weren't allowed to speak to the media, the howls of outrage would be even louder.

I have a sneaky hunch this was more about an unpopular president and the racism angle was the excuse they used to get him to resign.

3. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

4. Sir Joseph

Sir Joseph Registered User

I used to think Idicoracy was a stupid movie I'm never going to watch. Now I sadly think it's a movie that is showing what the future will be.

5. ethics

I think this is a good thing. Why?
    • This is what happens when you have unfiltered Liberal policies that run colleges.
    • This is poetic justice on the head of these colleges and how it's imploding on them.
    • Colleges and Universities are not free and are constricting students with their loans (not very Progressive of them).

This is really good and I want to see more and more of this.

6. SixofNine

And this:

This resulted in enough pressure to get the professor to resign.

brigham_4.png

7. ethics

This is even better outcome than I could have imagined. I hope this continues till there is no University faculty.

8. dsl987

dsl987 Member

Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
  9. Biker

Who needs college? It's obvious they know it all. :D

10. ethics

I doubt Click had an option if she wanted a career in her non-practical life long education. Having said that, Academia eating itself is a sight to behold.

11. SixofNine

12. Greg

Greg Full Member

They mean free as in supported by our taxpayer dollars.

My own solution to the problem is to raise the national minimum wage to $100/hour. At a salary of over $200K/year it should be easy for all of us to become millionaires within a very few years, and we could afford almost anything! Just think of it: no more poverty! ;)

13. ethics

14. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

15. SixofNine

16. Biker

17. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Here's to hoping the campus crybabies get forgotten after the France massacre as fast as Chandra Levy (unfortunately) got forgotten after 9/11

ethics likes this.
  18. SixofNine

Being pushed off of page 1 is probably a "micro-aggression." :D

19. Biker

[​IMG]

ethics, Allene and Greg like this.
  20. ethics