1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forum Upgrade

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by ethics, Dec 27, 2002.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

No, not to VB3 yet, but just a heads up for everyone that I will be working on new features for the next few days. So, instead of locking/closing the whole site to work on this, I'd rather keep it open and you guys will be aware that the weirdness, or small, temp unavailability is due to my coding.

I got the itch to do more and I have the time and I am tired of waiting for vB3. I might not be successful and might rollback, hence why I am not telling anyone what I am working on.

I think you will like the features though. :)

2. jfcjrus

jfcjrus Veteran Member

Sure.
    But, please keep in mind that it's pretty good the way it is.
    (If it ain't broke, and all that)
    No need to grow TOO fast.

As a refugee from what was once was a pretty darn good debate forum on a popular site, I'm always a little apprehensive regarding 'changes'.

But, am looking forward to seeing the new 'features'.
    Regards,

(edit- obvious typos not caught by site spellchecker)

3. ethics

I hear ya and I promise I will be careful. Doing backups of DB and the site itself and all of that.

The changes are for you guys, so it makes this place easier to use and make you want to come back more and more -- and not just for the Friday Nights at the Up in Flames section. ;)

4. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

And while you are busy .......Muhahahahah

5. jfcjrus

jfcjrus Veteran Member

Ya, well, hummm, ok; so you noticed that I was catching up with the latest goings on in SM's UiF forum, big deal.
    And....some good entertainment!

Wiseass. ;)
    Regards,

6. ethics

Actually, I rarely look who is where (only do it to the new members just to see what catches their eye), so it was just a guess.

People love drama though. :)

7. Techie2000

Techie2000 The crowd would sing:

What'd you do? I don't see any new features...

8. ethics

*grinds his teeth while speaking... I said I will be working on this for the next few days!

:nut:

9. jamming

jamming Banned

Are we there Yet? ;)

10. ditch

ditch Downunder Member

Yes Jim. LOL.

11. yazdzik

yazdzik Veteran Member

Will it fix my tpying?
    -Tarmin

12. ethics

Nothing wrong with that, Martin. :)

13. Perry Stroika

Perry Stroika Member

My buttons are too big on my style I think. I changed to other styles and much nicer. Fix "greyscale" please.

14. ethics

On it...

15. Steve

Steve Is that it, then?

My monitor is too small to display all of the information for me to efficiently and effectively read. Can you do something to stretch my 21" monitor a little bigger, please?

Oh, and if you can do something about getting broadband at my house, I promise to spend more time, here ;)

16. ethics

On that too! ;)

17. Stiofan

Stiofan Master Po

Any word on identifying who's post you're replying to? Hard to follow some of the more fast paced threads with all the "are replying to me" and "was that insult meant for me or <strike>lefty</strike> Ken".

18. ethics

Not with this version, InstaG. January shall be the month I hope. I hear a limited public data applications are out already so....