1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forum News

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by ethics, Apr 10, 2003.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

So anonymous is best way to go, right?
  2. Sharondippity

Sharondippity Sweetness and Light

A kissing booth? ha ha ha

Big fund raiser would be a for an avi of me kissing violet...
  3. Sharondippity

I know it can't be 100% anonymous with a winner and all, but that way it's not revealing that you in particular, didn't donate, if you were not able to do so. I think that element is important in light of not alienating anyone.
  4. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

Damn, wait till I have been employed for a while.
  5. ethics

LOL!... No rush here. Still an Iffy too. We shall see.
  6. cdw

cdw Ahhhh...the good life.

I'm for the paypal thing if that's the way to go. It's not like it's a membership fee or anything... we're helpin' out and keeping things up and running. For those of us, like myself that aren't doing anything else, like maintenence, programming, or moderating, it's a way we can contribute and do our part. Doesn't have to be fun or involved. Just let us know where to donate. If someone wants to, they do. If they don't, they don't.
    And, if by some weird strange circumstance, if you end up with more than you need, you could always buy something neat and put it up for sale in the store!
  7. IamZed

IamZed ...

I dont like raffles. I buy what I really want, and would not pay for anything besides that. I would be prohibited from contributing to the site if it involved bidding for crap I had already decided I dont want to own. Something simple and anonymous would work for me.
  8. ethics

Keep the thoughts coming. I need to know how people want to do this IF we go that route.
  9. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

I think the Paypal would be the way to go. After all, a fiver here, a twenty here, a fifty there, that stacks up pretty damned fast. Anonymous is the way to go, but kind of like United Way drives, you could keep a little thermometer up someplace where we could see the progression. That would be cool.
  10. ethics

That's a good idea, Copz! :)
  11. cdw

Hey yeah... I like the thermometer idea too!
  12. Sharondippity

heh heh .. must bite tongue.. must resist..
  13. Techie2000

Techie2000 The crowd would sing:

I agree. Just do the anonymous way. Throw a small PayPal button on the front page, and the forum policy is don't ask don't tell...
  14. cdw

And by the way...thanks to Sharon for bringing up the idea. I wouldn't have thought of it and it's a wonderful gesture!
  15. tke711

tke711 Oink Oink Staff Member

I agree with what Techie and others have said.

Just set up Paypal, and then people can donate if they choose to.

There is no public recognition for your donation. That way you keep any egos or "ownership" issues out of the way. If you want to recognize or thank people privately via PM, so be it, but absolutely no public recognition.
  16. Robert Harris

Robert Harris Passed Away Aug. 19, 2006

Normally I hate pop=up windows and I used to block them with software, which also blocks ads. Then I had to enable pop-up windows to access some features of the forum and now I have windows popping up all over -- but they don't get ads, my sotware strill blocks those. But since I am getting the damned windows popping up I wouldn't care if they did here too. So maybe it is time to reconsider pop-up ads fpr the forum. :)

I'd better not sign this one
  17. bruzzes

bruzzes Truthslayer

I get so embarrassed when this subject comes up.

There are so many of us here who are poor as church mice.

Please don't make anything public.
  18. ethics

Nah, I wouldn't do that.

I realize not only are these difficult times, many people are out of a job. I would never ever put anyone on the spot or reveal who has been "putting out" and who hasn't.

Besides, I haven't decided if we need to do this yet. ;)
  19. Techie2000

Techie2000 The crowd would sing:

Or those of us too young to have a credit card...;)
  20. halldor

halldor Registered User

I second that idea.