1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forum Changes (Semi-Complete)

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by ethics, Dec 28, 2002.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

1. Added a quiz system. It's much easier for me to conduct them now, and much easier to maintain. What I will do in the future is post the quiz both in the forum with the link to the GA's Quiz site. This way we can both discuss the questions/answers, and those that want to play will do so.

Quizzes are Held Here

2. Added a Link/Bookmark system. Instead of people posting their bookmarks and having them disappear in to the cyberworld, folks can now add them to a nice database site that will let people submit their links, categories them, display top 10 recently add, and top 10 most hit web sites.

One caveat is that I will have to approve any submissions. Please continue to use the Bookmark forum to discuss the new link, but add them to the database system as well in order to keep it organized and not scroll off the site.

Bookmark Management System Can Be Found Here

3. Worked on another entity but since some of you like to easter hunt, go crazy. 300 GA dollars to the first one that finds a semi complete feature.

4. Still need to work on 2 more things. Not sure if they are do-able or not but it's worth a try.

I need some time off the PC though, my eyes are killing me.

Enjoy the new additions. :)

edit: fixed www links.

2. ethics

Just to add that I moved For Sales sub-forum over to General Questions.

3. Sunriser13

Sunriser13 Knee Deep in Paradise

The only other thing I've noticed <i>today</i> is the "Forward this post to another member" feature, accessed by the little arrow at the bottom right of each post... Cool, man!! ;)

You're doing marvelous things with this place, Leon! Go take a break, and that's an order!!!! :cool:

4. bruzzes

bruzzes Truthslayer

Good find!

Thanks for pointing that out my dear.

5. jamming

jamming Banned

Looks good, are there links submitted? Will Allene Have to approve them first?

6. bruzzes

bruzzes Truthslayer

Is the chat room operational now?

Maybe someone will join me in there to find out...

7. ethics

Sun, sheesh! And here I thought it would be hard to find! Congrats on 300 smackaroos. ;)

By the way, if you want to nominate or focus on ONE post (instead of the whole thread), use that feature to send you the URL for the specific post--it's what I use when I nominate. :)

Jamming, they will have to be approved, although I have the option to turn that off--which, with the professional membership we have here, I might as well.

Bruzz, haven't touched the chat yet.

8. Domh

Domh Full Member

feature not added to grayscale?

9. ethics

Which feature?

10. Domh

Domh Full Member

actually alot of the new ones i think.

forward post to another user
    go to chat room

some others, not sure exactly which.

11. ethics

Chat room is test, it's not fully implemented in to this forum.

12. ethics

Forward post should work in greyscale now.

13. Domh

Domh Full Member

ah - very cool.

did you get those percentages on who is using which theme?

14. ethics

15. Domh

Domh Full Member

wow - the vast majority using greyscale - over 60%.

i think it is the most user friendly theme available, and besides it has that superfly banner...

;)

16. ditch

ditch Downunder Member

Well done ethics. Are we there yet?

Nice new features especially forwarding post to another.

17. jamming

jamming Banned

It would be interesting in seeing the chart taking out those who are not here frequently.

18. ethics

I don't agree that it's the most user friendly. I think people do not know that there are other styles they can use and Greyscale is the default.

19. Domh

Domh Full Member

Test it. Switch the default to the one you think is best and see what happens.

;)

20. ethics

By default I meant by default, not the name default.

(Gee, I sound like Chrissy from Three's Company.