1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forced Vaccines Haunt Gulf Vets

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by ethics, Nov 7, 2002.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Wired has <a href="http://www.wired.com/news/print/0,1294,56099,00.html">yet another good article</a> on the thought provoking issue of forced vaccinations in the Military.

He blamed Army-administered drugs for the tumor. And his girlfriend said there were other "side effects" of his service in the Gulf, including increased agitation and sperm that "burned."

"We had a third day of shots before we went over (to the Gulf)," said the ex-Ranger, who requested anonymity because his Army Reserve commitment has yet to expire. "Guys in other units only had two, but most Rangers had three. They wouldn't tell us what they were for."

Are this young man and tens of thousands of other veterans suffering from Gulf War sickness victims of coincidences beyond the Pentagon's control? Or are they casualties of a government that trampled both the Nuremberg Code and its own policies against forced medical experimentation?

2. John R. Beanham

John R. Beanham Typical Aussie Male

Stand back, here come the 'Afghanistan Syndrome' cases, closely followed by the 'Diego Garcia Syndrome' and the Kuwait Syndrome'.

Troops flown from the USA to the Gulf will get DVT and any other thing the lawyers can dream up.

John.

3. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

You know...I had all those injections as well. I'm fine. As far as I know, everyone from the unit is fine, too.

On the flip side, I know other folks who definitely aren't doing well. There must have been something fouled in the regimen. Frankly, I count myself lucky.

SM

4. ethics

So Steve, do you believe that the vaccines are not as safe as the Military tells us?

5. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

I don't think they are, no. But I don't think it's a criminal condition--I think the vaccines hit people in different ways, and they haven't figured it out yet.

Clearly, a lot of folks are fucked up, and a lot of them aren't, even though everyone was in the same place doing the same work. If the vaccines are to blame, I'd like to think the military has overlooked something--after all, it wouldn't do to disable a fair sized amount of the fighting force.

SM

6. jamming

jamming Banned

It also could of been a number of things, including a natural virus that effected this fellow in the new enviroment. Stress suppress the immune system, war is stressful, so viri and infections occur with less exposure. We just are not sure what is going on here, but the Congress did finally force the Veterans Services to assume that there was a connection to the reporting conditions and their service, which I think is admirable. The VA tried not to have this happen, but they are recieving more funding because of it. Personally, I had the shot and nothing seemed to occur from them. BTW the Anthrax vaccination is a series of shots , not just one. For all we know it could be a reaction to diesel fumes as much as the shots. However, it is the one thing everyone could point to, whether is was or not.

7. ethics

Jim, Steve,

I am not saying the result that I've seen and read to these people is solely because of the vaccine.

I think, like you, there are a number of factors.

I am just not buying this 100% efficiency and safety from the military. Why not acknowledge that there's a problem and that we will try to vaccinate BEFORE the soldiers are deployed in to the combat area?

8. jamming

jamming Banned

The military doctor who game me mine gave me the risk rundown when I asked her, she gave me the literature to look at while I was waiting as I was someplace small when they decided to shoot me up. I didn't get the big line, went through those lines once, scary as my Dad got Hepatitus from his line during Korea. Pretty much it was listed as having less fatal/major reactions during the test study than taking motrin, which those big 800gram Motrin Tabs are the Military's answer to everything, first it was Tylenol in the 80's then Motrin in the 90's. I figure anything more than twice as risky as a placebo or asprin is where I draw the line, usually. However, I had to go through gas training, they taught us how to use the Atrophine Self-Injector, which scared me more.

9. Jedi Writer

Jedi Writer Guest

What? You were intiminated about stabbing your self with a syringe and a needle that looks to be a foot long and half inch in diameter.

You wimp!

(Personally I would find it easier to shoot myself.)