1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For those in Canada

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Biker, Jan 17, 2003.

1. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Seems to me that Tim Horton's is rapidly forcing their own demise. With the quality of their coffee hitting an all time low, and changing all the formulations for the baked goods (in other words, they're going to frozen dough) who's going to pick up the slack?? Country Time just doesn't have decent coffee, and Krispy Kreme isn't entrenched enough to find a decent coffee anywhere.

2. Techie2000

Techie2000 The crowd would sing:

Krispy Kreme coffee is awful. Maybe you guys will be graced with a Dunkin Donuts. I went to Tim Horton's when I was on vacation in Canada. It was okay. Not that impressive though...

3. muddly

muddly Guest

Tim Ho's used to be SO good. It's sad. I fear for our culture ;)

I too thought Krispy Kreme coffee sucked... I hope they don't take over. There must be some way to browbeat Tim's into restoring themselves to their former glory.

4. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Alas, I fear the only way to get them back into the number one position is to let them get knocked down a peg or two. Lord knows they could use a definite wake up call or two.

5. Coot

Coot Passed Away January 7, 2010

Coffee most anywhere is not what it used to be. The glut of cheap lowgrade Vietnamese coffee has tanked the market so to speak. You can still get good quality coffee, you just have to be willing to pay for it.

6. Techie2000

Techie2000 The crowd would sing:

I just remembered I don't drink coffee...

7. Coot

Coot Passed Away January 7, 2010

That's good, and I was about to chastise you for being up so late until I realized that tomorrow isn't a school day ;)

8. Coriolis

Coriolis Bob's your uncle

Man, you said it about Tim Horton's coffee. I used to love Tim's coffee, and their donuts ruled. Last time I went home to visit (x-mas of this year) I just couldn't believe how much it had gone down hill since I'd visited last (x-mas the year before).

Oh well, there's a Starbucks in my home town now, so at least I could get a cup that didn't taste like it used water from the rain gutter.

9. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Coffee

Coot is correct about the quality of the coffee all over.

I've made a post a few months ago about this issue. :(