1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Food now seen as an enticing terror target

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Biker, Feb 1, 2003.

1. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Well, DUH! Where's everyone been over the past year or so? <a href="http://www.globeandmail.com/servlet/ArticleNews/front/RTGAM/20030201/wxterr0201/Front/homeBN/breakingnews" target="blank">The Globe and Mail</a> reports that the WHO is warning everyone to start taking measures to protect the food supply from terrorism.

Problem is, how does one really stop the determined individual from causing wide spread damage to the food or water supply? That's the scarey thought!

2. bruzzes

bruzzes Truthslayer

The trouble with the media is that they foster more fear in articles like these constantly reminding us of every concievable weapon that terrorists can use.

At some time in the near future, I hope to hear the words of one of our former president be echoed...

Franklin D. Roosevelt famously remarked, "the only thing we have to fear is fear itself."

Fear is such a paralyzing emotion. Heck, that is the weapon behind all terrorist action.

Once saw a documentry about dust mites and small organisms that live on our face, in our eyes, and course through our bodies. Very interesting film, but something I wish I had never seen. Took me awhile to disregard the content.

Much of America is driven by fear. It would be an interesting topic to explore...

3. Advocat

Advocat Viral Memes a Speciality Staff Member

The media isn't trying to inform with a story like this... they're trying to scare their readers/viewers so they'll continue to "tune in" to see what the next disaster is.

A disreputable, but common, practice. It's the same reason that the general crime level has dropped some 20% in the US, but the media's reporting on crime has increased some 600% during the same time.

<I><B>Sigh</b></i>

4. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

How DO you protect your food and water supplies? I have 200 acres. No way I can monitor it 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Water? Where do the majority of the municipalities get their water in the GTA? How the hell do you monitor Lake Ontario?

5. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

I've been drinking bottled German water for years now. We still cook with tap water though.