1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Folding again

Discussion in 'Bits & Bytes' started by cmhbob, Aug 10, 2018.

1. cmhbob

cmhbob Did...did I do that? Staff Member

Just for giggles, I started working with Folding@Home again. I've got a pretty nice laptop with a GTX1070 video card, so I'm starting to crank out WU.

The client download is very simple (there's even a browser-only client) and looks much easier to manage than it used to be. You don't need a password anymore, and you can generate and use a passkey instead. If you want access to your old stats, you just need to use your old username.

If you were on Team GA, your username is on this list. I signed up for Team GA again (Team 79189). I've long forgotten or lost whatever login credentials I had when I set the team up, so I can't edit the team information. That's mainly the link to stuff here, so NBD.

Oh, and here's the cool graph stats site. They changed the way they work, so they don't show user stats there unless the team is ranked at least 2000. But they've still got the team info.

I'll stick with Team GA for a bit and see if anyone else joins me - I'm primarily supporting Alzheimer's because that's one disease that scares the crap out of me. Yeah, F cancer, but at least there are more treatments for cancer these days.

2. Arc

Arc Full Member

Wow, about half of the names on that list are no longer around GA but can be found on the Most Wanted list at the post office.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
  3. Allene

Allene Registered User

Is that a joke. Arc?

4. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Arc takes every chance he can get lamenting the past members.

Allene likes this.
  5. MemphisMark

MemphisMark Old School Conservative

Does it work in Linux? I have an Ubuntu server that I use of off-line website design and file storage.

Just checked. Yes, they do.

cmhbob likes this.
  6. Arc

Arc Full Member

Especially those sent to the joint, banned, or are unregistered members. (I strive for accuracy.)

Allene and ethics like this.
  7. MemphisMark

MemphisMark Old School Conservative

cmhbob,

Did you stop folding or are folding off-team? I started folding on my web-server on 8/14, then took a 2 week break because I had to upgrade to the latest Ubuntu, and I got to folding earlier this week. I have 13 WUs done, I don't see a change in your stats.

8. cmhbob

cmhbob Did...did I do that? Staff Member

I started a different team since I didn't see any results on the team from anyone else. I'm now folding with Quiet Professionals, team 234447