1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Ferguson, now Baltimore

Discussion in 'Society and Culture' started by ethics, Apr 26, 2015.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Same set up, but here's the narrative.

And finally, looks like Liberal Reddit is comming to come around as this post received over 1100 votes.

Funny how all they ever say is "white people are all racist"[1] FBI Crime in America 2013 Database[2]

• Despite making up less than 7% of the US population, and only 12% of the male population, black males commit 1 in every 3 rapes. Source: FBI Crime in America 2013 Database[4]
    • Young black men kill 14X more than young white men. Source: Time Magazine[6]
    • African Americans commit 1 in 3 burglaries, arson crimes, fraud crimes and offenses against family/children, despite being only 12% of the population. Source: FBI Crime in America 2013 Database[9]
    • In 2006, blacks made up nearly 40% of the total prison population, despite being only 12% of the general population. Source: Bureau of Justice[13]
    Of course, merely point out these facts makes a person a racist stormfront KKK hazi hitler, and we should just pretend there's nothing wrong here! There is no problem with black culture, its the white people who are constantly oppressing the blacks because of slavery that must be blamed. Its just white people keeping black people poor right?

1) Blacks have a higher violent crime rate than both whites and Asians across socioeconomic lines.[14] correlation of 0.81 to the percentage of population that is black.[15] link between the two isn't even that particularly strong.[16] Race and Crime in America - The Unz Review[17]

Blacks are only 2.7 times as likely to be in poverty. If you were to create a nation wide crime/poverty index, in which crime rates are adjusted for poverty across states, they would still be way more likely to commit crime.

Poverty Rate by Race/Ethnicity | The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation[18]

There are almost twice the number of white people below the poverty line as black people in the US. Using the numbers found on Wikipedia, there are about 9.6 million black Americans below the poverty line and 19.2 million white Americans below the poverty line. So it was true that (irrespective of race) poverty caused violence, then whites would be committing violence at a pace twice that of blacks. But they don't.

Expanded Homicide Data Table 3 - Crime in the United States 2009[19]

Poverty rates are insufficient to explain the differences in crime rate. There are more whites than blacks at every level of income (in absolute numbers), there are twice as many whites in poverty as blacks and yet blacks commit more murders than whites (in absolute numbers).

So we can say with relative certainty that when it comes to crimes like rape and murder which are not committed for economic gain that poverty is not a sufficient explanation.

This is why when we look at places like Kentucky, home to a population that has the second highest white poverty rate in the nation (yet a violent crime rate that is 40 percent lower than the national average)

13 States with The Highest White (excluding Hispanics and Latinos) Poverty - Insider Monkey[20]

Appalachia is almost entirely white and the poorest region in the country. We see horrible rates of poverty, yet the crime that plagues Detroit, Norfolk, Richmond, Baltimore, St. Louis, Atlanta, Memphis isn't found.

The 10 U.S. counties with the lowest annual median household incomes are:

1.Owsley County, Ky. – $21,177

2.Zavala County, Texas – $21,843

3.Clay County, Ky. – $22,255

4.Knox County, Ky. -$22,493

5.Wilcox County, Ala. – $22,611

6.Quitman County, Miss. – $22,625

7.Sumter County, Ala. – $22,857

8.McCreary County, Ky. – $23,163

America’s 10 Poorest Counties Are in Gulf Coast States, Kentucky and on Indian Reservations | CNS News[21]

‘Yet, The violent crime rate for Appalachia in 2010 was lower than the national violent crime rate average by 56.76%’

Anybody who still believes that there is no problem with black culture in America, and that its all the white devil keeping them down while they are doing nothing wrong and are being opressed by the man (the president of the country is literally black), needs to seriously look at the facts and consider why they are so incongruent with that narrative. Turn on BET and watch a random 5 minute clip while you think about it.

TheDarkMachine comments on Riot vs. Protest. Notice the knife. (x-post /r/Baltimore)

Copzilla and tke711 like this.
  2. Sir Joseph

Sir Joseph Registered User

I think I'm becoming a racist because I just can't understand this, especially the part about how we're not violent and the cops are targeting us just because we're black and then there's all these riots proving that indeed, you are a bunch of violent thugs. When I walk down the street and I see a thug walking toward me, should I not go on a higher alert?

3. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Funny how the media and everyone else ignores that elephant in the living room. It's more convenient to slap down the race card than to sit back and take a long hard look at what's really wrong.

4. ethics

Neither of these were reported. There's a USAToday reporter I follow, she always posts about how cops are this and how whites are that. Not one peep about these, of course.

5. Greg

Greg Full Member

I don't understand ANY of that as far as it has to do with Freddie Gray's death. He's one Black. The litany quoted in the OP is about Blacks as a race. Why would anybody think that applies to him specifically?

I have ONE opinion about Blacks. As a race they are mostly poor, and all those statistics are about poor people living in ghettos, and it just happens that lots of Blacks live in ghettos because of their poverty. You could take trash of any race and put them in the same circumstances and they'd behave the same way.

The only thing is that you can look at Blacks and tell they are black, you can't look at trash and tell they are trash (except by dress, grooming, tats, etc.).

-----

Now that I have that off my chest... They are going to bury him tomorrow. Surely the autopsy is done. I want to see the results of the autopsy. How did he get the spinal injury? What caused his death? What role, if any, did law enforcement play in these events?

I want answers. So far I have heard nothing that would justify anything except possibly his arrest. He should have gone into a holding cell, healthy, and then either been charged or released. Either way he should be alive today.

I'm not his race but I want answers and I don't want them a month from now! At a maximum I think the public deserves REAL answers to these questions, and I think that Friday is the latest I'm willing to call reasonable about how he got the injury even if they are not able to determine who gave it to him.

Among other questions I have, when he was in the B wagon (that's what we call it in L.A. -- a van equipped to carry multiple people who are arrested) was he separated from others? Could one of them have done this?

There is going to be big trouble in Baltimore this weekend if answers are not forthcoming.

6. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Nothing makes cops stop and investigate their own faster than burning down your own neighborhood, destroying public and private property, and tossing things at cops..

Buncha frickin Geniuses.

7. Greg

Greg Full Member

I'll take that as sarcasm.... I think....

I've always laughed in a sad, cynical way after the L.A. Watts riots where they literally burned out virtually ALL businesses in Watts, even black owned businesses. They burned so many down that in the end and for years after they have to get on the bus and go to a nicer neighborhood to buy groceries and do other shopping. I'm pretty sure Watts never fully recovered. I'm pretty sure most of the supermarket chains and none of the big box stores want anything to do with Watts. The stupid fools fucked themselves in the end.

If they had a brain they would have got on the bus and traveled to whitey neighborhoods and burned down those businesses. Only problem, they are color coded if they riot in white neighborhoods.

All Obama and Holder have done is make things worse. They are almost as bad as Al Sharpton, except oblique about it.

8. Arc

Arc Full Member

When it comes to crime statistics such as those reported by the FBI and most other jurisdictions or agencies don't forget that when you look at the stats for whites, latinos are counted as white. Think that skews the stats? Good or bad?

9. Greg

Greg Full Member

Considering the fact that many people are difficult to classify (some Hispanics are Black for example), if you could draw distinct lines it would probably be white least crime, then Latinos, and Blacks most crime. If you combine white and Latino, that drags down whites and isn't as bad for Blacks. If you combine Latinos and Blacks then you have a pretty bad ass group.

But.... That's petty crime, street crime, violent crime. But there's such a thing as white collar crime, not a reference to race although most white collar crime is by whites because most white collars are whites. My guess is the actual cash amount of white collar crime vastly exceeds petty crime and crimes of violence (which are difficult to assign a dollar amount to).

I can't prove it but I bet it's a lot easier for well placed white collars to steal $1M than it is for a Black or Latino to steal a $20 75oml botttle of Skyy vodka from the corner liquor store.

And how do you attach a dollar amount to killing some 'banger simply because they're on your turf?

----------------

I'm not a great believer in statistics, ever since I took a class where the concept was how to lie with statistics. Turns out it's easy, if your audience doesn't understand how to interpret your statistics.

Reminds me, gambling losses are taxes imposed on people who don't understand the laws of probability.

10. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

It definitely skews the stats, as latinos commit more crimes than white whites. It throws the crime rate for whites much higher. If you compared whites to blacks without the addition of latinos, the difference is staggering.

11. Greg

Greg Full Member

I should take lessons from Leon. He says in sentences what takes me paragraphs. But I agree with him.

ethics likes this.
  12. ethics

13. Greg

Greg Full Member

Semi-watched the riot all day, so boring it barely detracted from my posting and chats.

Watts riot re-run.

14. Greg

Greg Full Member

New explosive developments:

1.) A prisoner in the same van states that Freddie dude was banging around in the van intentionally trying to injure himself, that he was alone in the other side.

2.) It has been announced that the autopsy will not be released on Friday.

3.) The mayor intentionally told the police to stand down and not protect civilian property including autos and businesses. Makes me wonder if that order places the city in jeopardy of civil lawsuits that the city is responsible for the damage to their property due to malfeasance.

15. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

This is a really thought-provoking article, and I think he's spot on about the three major causes of urban pathology.

Progressives Miss the Point of Baltimore

16. tke711

tke711 Oink Oink Staff Member

17. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

That was a new one on me: "depraved heart murder."

"The Legal Information Institute, a research group housed at Cornell University Law School, defines the charge this way: 'Killing someone in a way that demonstrates a callous disregard for the value of human life. For example, if a person intentionally fires a gun into a crowded room, and someone dies, the person could be convicted of depraved heart murder.'"

18. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Considering the burden of proof tends to be somewhat different with police officers, I'm not sure I see this resulting in a conviction. How many individuals do the police take into custody that claim injuries that are totally bogus? As soon as some of these long time offenders are touched, the howls begin. If the police were required to take every single individual that "claimed" he was injured to the hospital, they'd never get anything done.

19. Greg

Greg Full Member

Just remember the feds will be in behind the civil case if the regular court loses. Particularly the Obama feds.

20. ethics