1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Bear Attack Fatality Since 1852

Discussion in 'Society and Culture' started by ethics, Sep 23, 2014.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

That is, in New Jersey.

Rutgers student killed in bear attack

One of the people in that group is a fellow redditor who wrote:

2. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

And the sad thing about all that? Because of their stupidity, the bear was killed.

3. Allene

Allene Registered User

Well I'm not exactly going to write an obituary for the bear, but I certainly agree that they were stupid.

4. Biker

They were in a nature preserve. To read, there are critters here that will do serious harm to your person.

At least there was a cleansing of the gene pool and there's one less idiot on the planet.

5. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

Being a little hypercritical of some urban dweller who lost his life to a black bear, aren't you?

6. Biker

I have long been hypercritical of those who encroach on natural habitats and then whine when nature fights back. The bear was in it's natural habitat and the morons were the trespassers.

7. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

"Encroach?" It's an open preserve, man. Popular hiking destination. Meant to be accessible by the public, which has got to be true, because the state has a parking lot for it. I think you're a bit out there in your criticism on this one.