1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Firefox Extensions

Discussion in 'Bits & Bytes' started by tke711, Aug 24, 2004.

1. MorWired

MorWired Veteran Member

I've really been happy with "Dict" which opens up a popup with possibly the most comprehensive definitions ever.

Another extension that's very helpful, but currently not updated to 1.0 is Context Highlight, which lets you highlight a word or phrase (like goog's caching) in every iteration, so that you can find things on your page. Hope they update that soon.

2. MorWired

MorWired Veteran Member

I have used Tabbrowser Extensions almost exclusively since starting with Firefox, and absolutely love it. It appears to be the most comprehensive and most configurable tab manager available.

I also couldn't function without ReloadEvery, which has greatly simplified my forum-addicted life. [​IMG]
    :)

And one useful, if nonessential, little thing is called Zoomy that puts increase/decrease/default font icons on your toolbar -- makes it much easier to negotiate the various page settings without going blind.

3. tke711

tke711 Oink Oink Staff Member

I haven't updated this list in a while. Here is what I'm currently running:

Generated Tue Jul 12 2005 12:50:43 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time)

Enabled Extensions: (21)

Adblock Plus 0.5.7 - Filters ads from web-pages. Now with whitelisting and synchronization.
    All-in-One Gestures 0.15.2 - This extension allows you to execute common commands using mouse gestures, rocker navigation, scroll wheel navigation and page scrolling.
    Allow Right-Click 0.1.1 - Defeats web sites' right-click prevention scripts.
    BBCodeXtra 0.2.3 - Adds BBCode/HTML/XHTML commands to the context menu
    Bloglines Toolkit 1.5.6 - Browser utilities for use with Bloglines
    BugMeNot 0.6.2 - Bypass compulsory web registration with the context menu via www.bugmenot.com.
    ConQuery 1.5.4 - Context sensitive webquery extention
    CookieCuller 1.2.0 - Extended Cookie Manager--protect/unprotect selected cookies
    FLST 0.8.3 - Focus Last Selected Tab
    Forecastfox 0.8 - Get international weather forecasts and display it in any toolbar or statusbar with this highly customizable extension.
    Gmail Notifier 0.4.3 - A notifier for Gmail accounts.
    IE View 1.2.4 - Open pages in IE via Firefox menus
    ListZilla 0.5.1 - Outputs an alphabetical list of either extensions or themes to a text, vB code, or HTML file.
    LiveLines 0.4.2 - Add RSS feeds to RSS readers other than the Live Bookmark with the RSS icon on the status bar.
    MapIt! 0.6 - Maps a highlighted address using your favorite online mapping site.
    Print Preview 0.4 - Creates a Print Preview toolbar button and context menu item.
    Single Window 1.4 - Single window mode for Firefox and Mozilla.
    SpellBound 0.7.3 - Adds spell checker support to web forms and extensions.
    Translate 0.6.0.7 - Translate web pages and/or selected text to different languages
    Url2NewTab 0.2 - Load anything typed in location bar to a new tab; click home button to load home into a new tab.
    WebmailCompose 0.6.1 - Makes mailto: links load your webmail's compose page and adds a Compose link to the context menu.

4. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

Has BugMeNot kept up with the newer versions of Firefox?

Brian

5. tke711

The version listed above works just fine for me under FF 1.0.4.

6. DragonBLS

DragonBLS Lord DOS of Batchfileness

GA Extension?

Hey is there a Global Affairs extension that checks IM's and such? I'm not sure if it's allowed or not, just curious, happy Globing =)

7. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Yes, but it's out only for Admins and those with very high Reputation.

8. DragonBLS

DragonBLS Lord DOS of Batchfileness

Fair enough, thanks! :thumbsup:

9. tke711

I also just tested it with FF 1.0.5 and the BugMeNot Extension works.

10. ethics

11. tke711

Good idea pointing that out! I use the extensionmirror all the time. It's a great resource for extensions.

12. tke711

Just found another new extension that is very handy!

Restart Firefox extension. It adds a restart option under File---Restart Firefox. Very handy when installing themes or extensions.

13. tke711

14. tke711

Also, now that 1.5 is out, I thought I should update what extensions I'm currently running:

Generated Mon Dec 12 2005 14:26:55 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time)

Enabled Extensions: (27)

Adblock Filterset.G Updater 0.2.6 - Synchronizes Adblock with Filterset.G
    Adblock Plus 0.5.11 - Filters ads from web-pages. Now with whitelisting and synchronization.
    All-in-One Gestures 0.17.4 - This extension allows you to execute common commands using mouse gestures, rocker navigation, scroll wheel navigation and page scrolling.
    Allow Right-Click 0.3 - Defeats web sites' right-click prevention scripts.
    Azerty III 2.0 - Pretty and pleasant icons. Built to accompagny Azerty 'mail.
    BBCodeXtra 0.2.5.4 - Adds BBCode/HTML/XHTML commands to the context menu
    Bloglines Toolkit 1.6.0 - Browser utilities for use with Bloglines
    BugMeNot 0.9 - Bypass compulsory web registration with the context menu via www.bugmenot.com.
    Charamel 1.1.991 - A Creamy Sugary Experience
    ConQuery 1.6.2 - Context sensitive webquery extention
    CookieCuller 1.3.0 - Extended Cookie Manager--protect/unprotect selected cookies
    Download Manager Tweak 0.7.1 - A modification of the Firefox download manager that changes its appearance and allows it to be opened in a separate window, a new tab, or the sidebar.
    FLST 0.8.5 - Focus Last Selected Tab
    Forecastfox Enhanced Radar Edition 0.8.2.4 - Get international weather forecasts and display it in any toolbar or statusbar with this highly customizable extension.
    Gmail Notifier 0.5.3 - A notifier for Gmail accounts.
    IE View 1.2.7 - Open pages in IE via Firefox menus
    ListZilla 0.7 - Outputs an alphabetical list of extensions to a text, vB code, or HTML file.
    LiveLines 0.4.4.1 - Add RSS feeds to RSS readers other than the Live Bookmark with the RSS icon on the status bar.
    Mozilla SpellCheck Libraries 1.0.1.0 - From the Mozilla Thunderbird 20050727 Nightly Win32 Build
    NoScript 1.1.3.5 - Extra protection for your Firefox: NoScript allows JavaScript, Java (and other plugins) only for trusted domains of your choice (e.g. your home-banking web site). This whitelist based pre-emptive blocking approach prevents exploitation of security vulnerabilities (known and even unknown!) with no loss of functionality... Experts will agree: Firefox is really safer with NoScript :)
    PitchDark 1.5.2 - A dark theme based upon a negative color scheme.
    Restart Firefox 0.3.1 - Restart Firefox with ease
    SessionSaver .2 0.2.1.030.4 - Magically restores your last browsing session.
    SpellBound 0.7.3 - Adds spell checker support to web forms and extensions.
    Tabbrowser Preferences 1.2.8.8 - Enhances control over some aspects of tabbed browsing.
    User Agent Switcher 0.6.7 - Adds a menu and a toolbar button to switch the user agent of the browser.
    WebmailCompose 0.6.6 - Makes mailto: links load your webmail's compose page and adds a Compose link to the context menu.

15. cmhbob

cmhbob Did...did I do that? Staff Member

roachfiend.com is down ATM. Bummer.

16. tke711

Ya, I can't get through to it right now either.

17. tke711

18. ethics

19. tke711

Very cool!

20. cmhbob

cmhbob Did...did I do that? Staff Member

Neat idea, but maybe avoid the "Enhanced Protection:"

So everyone at Google would know you've been at www.ilovepinkthongs.com.

I have installed ListZilla, btw, and can't find any file that it's generated. I've run it several times, but I can never fidn the file. It's not where I supposedly put it, and even a seearch of the drive doesn't fine it. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling a couple of times, too.

EDIT: Never mind; I'm running 1.07 still.