1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Firearms] Tomorrow Im Buying...

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Domh, Dec 13, 2002.

1. Domh

Domh Full Member

Tomorrow Im Buying...

A Glock 23.

[​IMG]

Im pretty excited!

;)

2. tke711

tke711 Oink Oink Staff Member

Nice choice!

3. Domh

Domh Full Member

My first sidearm.

I looked around alot and came on the 23, the decision was made in about 1 clip.

Also got a tungsten guide rod and metal stock weight spring from glockmeister.

should be a joy to shoot.

;)

4. tke711

LOL...that was bad. :)

I have the Glock 17 and have been very happy with it.

5. Domh

Domh Full Member

heheh.

my shooting bud has the 17 - great gun but i can handle a bit of a bigger round and remain very accurate, so i figured id go with the extra stopping power of the 40.

6. tke711

I'd like to get the .40 or the .45 Glock, but with the little one around now, the wife won't let me have any more guns. :(

In fact, the ones I already own are now being stored at my parents house. Oh well....they live close and it makes the wife happy so it's not that big of a deal.

7. Domh

Domh Full Member

Im guessing you live in a very safe area.

;)

8. tke711

LOL....yes, very safe. In fact, I think our local police department considers breaking into a car for a stereo to be an extremely serious crime. :)

9. pumcake

pumcake Wanna Get High?

I want these two:

<center><a href="http://remtek.com/arms/glock/model/45/21/">Glock 21</a> - .45 ACP :love:
    [​IMG]

<a href="http://www.springfield-armory.com/prod-xdpstl-ported.shtml">Springfield Armory</a> - XD40 :love:
    [​IMG]

10. BigDeputyDog

BigDeputyDog Straight Shootin Admin Staff Member

Dom... are you getting the Model 23 or the Model 23C??

I carry the 23 with LEO clips (13 staggered, 1 in the pipe)... I found it an easy transition from a wheel gun...

BDD... :{)

11. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

Strange that you mention it...

Today I bought a Glock model 19 (9mm) for the bride (who is also a fuzz). She's been lusting over my model 22 (.40 cal) for about six months, and complaining about her Ruger, which is a dang big gun for a 9mm. So I figured that would be a good Christmas. Nothing says "Happy Holidays" like a personal firearm...:thumbsup:

12. Domh

Domh Full Member

BDD Im getting the 23 today.

I will look at a C and consider it, but my initial reaction is no, and Im not exactly sure why!

Thoughts?

What are the advantages of LEO clips?

;)

13. BigDeputyDog

The LEO clips are the "illegal" high capacity clips used by law enforcement. The 23 comes with a 10 round "civillian" clip. The only advantage is 3 more rounds per clip. On a target range, shooting for fun, rounds per clip normally isn't an issue. When you're on the street in a shoot-out, it makes a hell of a difference!!

Our department carries the Glock .40, as does most of the surrounding departments. I can take the clip from a Model 22 (which has an even higher capacity LEO clip) and use it in my Model 23 (although the clip does extend past the butt a bit). Even the "Baby Glock", the Model 27 can use the extended clips.

Official GLOCK homepage

14. jamming

jamming Banned

It is only illegal if it is a Post-Ban Weapon right?

15. BigDeputyDog

Taken from the ATF online FAQ site

The term "large capacity ammunition feeding device" is defined as a magazine, belt, drum, feed strip, or similar device manufactured after September 13, 1994, that has a capacity of, or that can be readily restored or converted to accept, more than 10 rounds of ammunition. Large capacity ammunition feeding devices in knockdown - disassembled) condition consisting of all parts needed to assemble a complete large capacity ammunition feeding device are subject to regulation if the parts are segregated or packaged together and held by a person as the parts for the assembly of a particular device. [18 U. S. C. 921( a)( 31)]

Ammunition feeding devices having a capacity of more than 10 rounds of ammunition that were manufactured on or before September 13, 1994, are excluded from the definition of "large capacity ammunition feeding device" and, therefore, are not subject to the prohibitions. [18 U. S. C. 922( v)( 2), (v)( 4), (w)( 2) and (w)( 3)]

You are correct, Jim...
    *Wow!! I sound like Spock!!* ;)

16. jamming

jamming Banned

He's Dead Jim!
    You Grab his Tricorder!
    I'll get his Wallet.

17. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

Speaking of high capacity, here in Texas they're referred to as "Pre-Ban Magazines" as I imagine they are all over the nation.

I'll have a Ruger P85 9mm with some pre-ban mags, probably 3 or 4, will be looking for a good home. Criminal history checks will be run on any buyers.

18. Domh

Domh Full Member

Well, I got it, and carried while doing errands today - and Im very pleased!

Carrying a concealed weapon certainly changes one perceptions of what were previously 'normal' situations.

Fascinating.

;)

19. BigDeputyDog

I can't imagine what it is like NOT to carry (having been in law enforcement since 1969)...

By the way... what kind of carry rig did you get for it??

I'm using a Galco that was modified to my design...

20. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

If I remember correctly Ruger also makes carbines that can share the magazines of their pistols. But I want a 40.