1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[LOTRO] Finally.. I am done with this.

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by Andy, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Having finally finished Volume II Book VI, I am completely done in EVER running another character through Moria.

Period.

Regardless of the fact that since I left/came back they revamped the entire chasm to have less grindy questing and easier exploring, they added goats along certain areas to give you a free quick ride back to a main area, and the graphics overhaul combined with my better Mac to play it on and actually SEE here now, I still loathe this entire area, and I decided on why.

I cannot see the sky. (Yes I realize its a hole under a mountain, duh)

I was able to clean up every explorer deed and quest deed but I'm leaving the grind-fest kill deeds alone they're just not worth (to me) the rewards of Virtues I don't trait, or a single loot box at the end that holds an item I won't be able to use anyways.

I really hate that my next step is Mirkwood (my 2nd most hated zone) but at least I have a *chance* of seeing sky here, and will only be here long enough to get through the Epic quests, finish out getting top level rep for another horse by maxing all 3 Elven reps, and seeing that I'm already at lvl 66 I can blow through this lvl 60 area in a mere few weeks with my limited playtime.

2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

You are one of the people that gets immersed in to the game. And the deeper you are immersed the more the environment affects you, for better or worse. Many people have written that Moria is depressing, it's overbearing, and that it "presses down on them".

Slayer deeds are mostly done when you are like 40 levels above anyway. The grind is not felt at all and you spend little time in that massive cavern. :)

3. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

I actually got on with my captain and noticed those reputation tasks that you pick up in each area, "bring me 10 bird beaks," "bring me 10 lynx pelts." Then I realized that they're timed. :) Oh well, I'm focusing on the epic quest line anyway.

4. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Timed?

I never recall seeing that.. (unless it's something new with the lower level areas) I know there's a timer cooldown so that you can repeat them though. Was it a mob that had the quest ring over its head to start with?

And I'm a complete idiot, I thought I was done in Moria, but nooo.... I've got a whole 'nother chapter that took me right back, I could have sworn my next stop was Mirkwood because I picked up a leader/breadcrumb quest to it a while back and completely forgot about chapters VII and forward of Book II.

I'm running around Mirkwood Landing looking for this epic quest location, then I zoomed out the map and hit my head on the keyboard repeatedly.

5. ethics

Yeah, you are really never out. LOL. That line takes you back to The Foundation Stone, which is one of the darkest corners of Moria, where Gandalf left his singed hat.

6. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I'm already way past that point, I'm halfway through the next chapter backtracking now in the low level area of Moria looking for mining records. I think it leads up to where I bust out that Orc and follow his whiney ass around for a bit

7. ethics

You will get stumped where you have to flip mirrors. I have a level 77 and he still can't solo that one.

8. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Ive done it twice before on my guard and warden. :p

The hard part there was figuring out you have to jump down in the web to fight final boss.

This is the last character I need to finish Vol II on.

9. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Mirror room done again.. I cheated though and I used the walkthrough over at lotrowiki

It was a ton easier than last I remember, they tamed it down a lot for solo players since I last did it, you can choose now solo or group on that and the next one.

10. ethics

omg, when you have time you need to help me
    I have tried many times.

11. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Soon as i move over.

12. ethics

Alright, thanks.

13. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Ok, NOW I'm done with Moria.. :p

Onward to Mirkwood and Vol II Book 9

14. ethics

Good luck! At least you have open skies. No matter that it's dark.