1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[FF XIV] Final Fantasy XIV

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by SixofNine, Mar 11, 2010.

1. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

2. Biker

After the Elder Scrolls fiasco, I'm thinking I'll be pulling the trigger on this one next week.

3. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

I may give that a go too.

4. Biker

I really did enjoy the beta time I got before it went live. And I've been told there's new content being released next month with the 2.1 update.

That reduces some of my concerns regarding new content being released for it.

5. ethics

6. Biker

ethics likes this.
  7. ethics

8. Biker

I'm on Goblin.

Character name A'tiqa Tia

ethics likes this.
  9. ethics

Ok, I've pulled the plug as well. 75% off? Yes, thank you.

10. ethics

Shirisma Ji on Goblin

11. ethics

So FATE... Lovely stuff! It's like RIFT's public events!

12. Biker

Only it's not as bad on your machine. I found the RIFT events to be a notebook killer.

But yeah. You pick up quite a bit of experience and $$$ through those.

Next time you're playing during "night time", stop what you're doing and look up. Literally. That. is. impressive.

13. ethics

Graphics are fantastic. Movement is not 100% like WoW but very Rift like, which is more than fine for me. Certainly beats LOTRO and Guild Wars2.

I made a Conjurer, already level 6 but I guess all profs start at level 10?

14. Biker

I think so. I have to go back to the city and pick that stuff up. I dinged to 13 this afternoon just by running around exploring and doing my hunting log. Still hate the maps. >.<

15. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

Standard edition, I assume?

16. Biker

I snagged the Collector's Edition for the mount. :D

Just can't use it until level 20 from what I'm able to dig up about 'em.

17. ethics

Yes. for me.

18. Biker

Riding isn't automatically unlocked when you reach a certain level. Riding is unlocked after you progress through the main story. This means you MUST participate in instances.

I've found this bit to be a pain. It can take anywhere from 30-45 minutes for your queue to pop (they use a dungeon finder similar to Blizz). And once in the dungeon, you may find you have a tank that's so bad that people start bailing. I've been lucky so far. Just one really terribad tank. I will say this. There are some awesomely good tanks in this game and they're a joy to watch. I rolled a Thaumaturge and there's a rather nice AOE nuke (visuals on it are impressive!). If the tank is bad, I'll rip agro off him in no time and have a half dozen mobs bearing down on my sorry butt.

If the tank is good, I can lob those nukes all day long and I may get one mob who gets irritated. And if the tank is good, he reacquires their attention and I go back to nuking. Instances are so much fun that way. LOL