1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

File Attachments

Discussion in 'Bits & Bytes' started by ditch, Nov 23, 2002.

1. ditch

ditch Downunder Member

If I receive an email with an attachment that is a word document saved as a ".ps" file, I get the message when trying to open the attachment " There is no program associated with this file type. To creat one go to My Computer, View, Options, File types to create an association". Never have any success in trying to do that. Can anyone help. One of the error messages I get is that there is already an association for .ps files and that I need to use an alternative programme.
    It appears to be simple thing to do but I cannot make the fix.

2. Coot

Coot Passed Away January 7, 2010

.ps is a PostScript file, if you have no viewer for it I believe that if you open your printer folder, you should be able to drag the file and drop it on your printer icon and it will print.

Edit: oops, I think that only works with macs. Get this utility instead.

3. ditch

ditch Downunder Member

Coot, thanks for the tip. The problem is at work so I'll try the fix tomorrow.
    I usually go to BBR tech forum for help of this type of help but its good to know its available here. In an increasing amount too I think.

4. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

I think we are blessed with the technical (and graphical) minds here. :)

5. Sunriser13

Sunriser13 Knee Deep in Paradise

Ghostscript should be of great use to you, especially with the GSview plugin, which allows both viewing and printing. (Free)
    Ghostscript, Ghostview & GSview

6. ethics

Thank you, Sun!

Sun are you married? Do you believe in Polygamy?

With a great sense of humor, great writing and insight AND a geek to boot...

Fred Astair singing "Heaven, I'm in heaven
    And my heart beats so that I can hardly speak
    And I seem to find the happiness I seek
    When we're out together dancing cheek to cheek"

7. Sunriser13

Now, darling, <i>I'm</i> single, but you'd have to ask your wife about the polygamy thing... ;)

Besides, I've seen the way you flirt around here; you fall in love at the drop of a hat! (I'm not jealous, though, since you told me I was the first. :happy: ) You'd never be happy with just us two! :haha:

8. ethics

LOL! She knows me too well...

SIGH..

9. BigDeputyDog

BigDeputyDog Straight Shootin Admin Staff Member

psssst... ethics... I'll tag in for ya, I'm single... :thumbsup:

BDD... :{)

10. ethics

I hate you. ;)

11. ditch

ditch Downunder Member

It almost sounds OT to say it after that Sunriser, but thanks for the tip. :)

12. Sunriser13

LOL!! You're more than welcome, ditch! Hope it's what you need...