1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ferguson

Discussion in 'Society and Culture' started by ethics, Aug 13, 2014.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

2. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

That's okay, here's Barkley's kryptonite: Obama: Unfair Policing 'Violates My Belief in What America Can Be'

Yes, Ferguson was about a cop killing an unarmed angel to the president, which is indicative of nothing other than all cops wanting to kill blacks.

No mention about the grand jury finding of course, because that doesn't fit the narrative.

3. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

Obama is 0 for 3 in high profile race relation opportunities.

First the Cambridge professor, and cops acted stupidly. Uh, no they didn't.
    Then came Trayvon Martin, who could've been his son, ground and pound on the guy who killed him, with codeine damage to his liver, pot in his system and a police history of being caught with burglary goods and tools.
    Now this one, his AG still investigating, and inviting Al Sharpton to the WH for a round of talks on this is like inviting Jeffrey Daumer to a covered dish potluck. Any self respecting police officer will boycott these talks. I'm sure he can find a lackey or two to attend; after all, he did have his trooper captain lackey allegedly running the show.

4. Sierra Mike

He's a contemptible man. Guy probably sucked at being a "community organizer" as well--probably did a better job as the community agitator.

Allene likes this.
  5. Sierra Mike

Hey, this sounds okay--right? RIGHT? Nothing but a focus on the letter of the law and no deeply-seated bias against the police...right?

6. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

You know what's wrong with her, and what her approach will be to Ferguson, is that she will focus on all the wrongs being done to blacks, the racial make-up of the department, the statistics on enforcement action, the arrests, and that will be why Darren Wilson needs to go to prison for the Brown death. As if they are related, like Darren Wilson had anything to do with the department's demographics, and the demographics are the reason why Brown is dead.

And it is, of course, a red herring; the ONLY thing that matters with regards to Darren Wilson is what happened in the span of 90 seconds, but fallacious arguments never stopped a liberal.

7. Allene

Allene Registered User

9300 comments to that article so far . . . and counting!

8. ethics

Here's my take.

1. Racism is not classism, and when people discriminate they don't do it based on race but on class. A low life is a low life no matter the color. I grew up in with low lifes in Ukraine, all white, the shitting and pissing in the lobby, the drunkards, the whole bit.

2. When you have outrage like this, there's always a massive missing factor. How do whites feel. And I don't mean the hipster Liberal whitey who has known less diversity than a NYC pigeon, I mean whites in general. Because they are a very massive silent majority, you exclude them in this "debate", Mr. Obama, you lose everything you stand for.

Copzilla likes this.
  9. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Obama doesn't care what the silent majority thinks. We're all racists.

10. Sierra Mike

Both correct.

11. ethics

To him? I could give a shit. He'll be more irrelevant soon enough.

12. Sierra Mike

He's already irrelevant, but his affect on social matters is roughly akin to having Typhoid Mary in the kitchen...and he's got a ways to go.

13. Allene

Allene Registered User

Give him enough rope!

14. MemphisMark

MemphisMark Old School Conservative

He's already got enough rope to stretch from Washington to Provo. The problem is, no one has the testicles to tie the knot and metaphorically put it around his neck.

The R's "want to be liked" and are so governing by their fear that the media will call them bad names if they do take a position that most of us want them to take. This is why I identify myself as Conservative and not Republican. I don't want to be associated with those spineless syncopated bastards.

Allene likes this.
  15. Allene

Allene Registered User

I doubt he'd get much of a welcome in Provo. ;)

16. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Exactly. With 2 years to go, the damage he can accomplish just boggles the mind. Never mind that the landscape will change in Congress next month, his ability to do an end run around the checks and balances that are currently in place are but a minor impediment to his agenda.

17. Sierra Mike

Now, after the grand jury in NYC failed to indict the cop in the Garner death, Obama goes on another tirade about how racism is a cancer eating away at the American soul. Mentions blacks, "browns" (I guess Latinos?), and Native Americans as the cross bearers, but no mention of whitey. Or Asians, for that matter, since no one thinks they get discriminated against, and we all just want them to leave, apparently.

18. MemphisMark

MemphisMark Old School Conservative

Oh, I'm sure he'd get a "three word welcome." Think New York City Picante... ;-)

19. ethics

Clarke destroys Eric Holdman...

20. Sierra Mike

Heh, that's why I contributed to his election. :)