1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Society and Culture' started by ethics, Aug 13, 2014.

1. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

In the end we will all be Americans. But that cannot happen til groups quit trying to set themselves up as different and that will not happen til politicians quit treating them as different blocs of voters. In other words probably never. We need all citizens and politicians voting for the country rather than blocs.
    ethics and Allene like this.
  2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

3. tke711

tke711 Oink Oink Staff Member

Riiiight...like they will admit to anything that changes their narrative.
    ethics likes this.
  4. ethics

So how is this country not like Soviet Union when it comes to propaganda. I'm serious.
    tke711 likes this.
  5. alexaday

alexaday New Member

6. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

I didn't read the one linked from amazonaws, but from the justice.gov link:

tke711 likes this.
  7. tke711

tke711 Oink Oink Staff Member

Based on that, a logical conclusion is that all the riots and protests were simply to advance a narrative that didn't exist in this case.
    Allene likes this.
  8. ethics

9. ethics

10. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

He still doesn't get it, though. He diverts the narrative away from the incident to one of the "bigger picture" kind of things.

A cop's life was ruined and stores sacked, people shot, all on a LIE. So many lies, time after time, and it dates back decades, these lies. Even the DOJ's report on Ferguson is a false narrative; studies show blacks are given more traffic citations - did they bother to address whether blacks commit more traffic offenses? Did you know blacks are involved in 30% more traffic accidents than whites? True statistic. Explain that and tell me there's not a difference in driving habits.

Did you know that the citation ratio in Ferguson is actually slightly lower than the national average?

How many of the violations in Ferguson involve a more serious offense being discovered? Like I may stop any car for tail light out, and if everything else checks out, the person gets no ticket. But if they have no DL and no insurance, they will get all three. How does this play into the citation ratio?

Did you know it's not even debatable that black men between 18 and 30 commit a much larger percentage of violent crimes?

Holder is a tool. His report considers NONE of the above truth about policing a predominantly minority city. And Capehart will march thinking Holder delivered a truth, and he has done nothing of the sort.
    ethics and Allene like this.
  11. ethics

Spot on.

But I did say "waking up" I didn't say they get it a 100% and I doubt they will. For WP to even come to this OpEd, meant this guy was praying his job wasn't on the line. Pravda in the US is a real thing.