1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fergie controversy?

Discussion in 'Society and Culture' started by Susan Addams, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Susan Addams

Susan Addams Unregistered User

I'll admit Fergie is my latest fave singer but one, and I hear she annoyed a lot of people by singing the National Anthem in a style unacceptable to many. I caught a snippet and it sounded nice to me. I just caught the end of the piece.

I am totally smitten by Fergie's Double Dutchess album. I listen to it at least daily.

Yet I now have a new favorite: Keisha Animal + Cannibal (Deluxe Addition). I think it's a compilation of a few EPs. Whatever, it's driving me crazy!

I just wondered if there were any other Fergie or Keisha fans on the forum. Or whether anybody knows what genre I've stumbled into. This music is just so totally me!!!

Trending with me: ZZ Ward Til The Casket Drops and The Storm. Totally trending, not the same genre as the above: blues rock.

I am so totally into music that today (or tomorrow) my trial Amazon Music Unlimited subscription went yearly. I can listen to almost any/all albums for free as long as I keep my subscription. You all know I have a big position in AMZN stock, and this is part of why I like their corporate philosophy. They don't sell coffee, they sell the foam. They don't own the copyrights, they are selling access to the DMCA content to people like me. I'm sure there is some sort of corporate agreement that every time I listen to such and so album microcents transfer and the copyright owner gets paid, Amazon makes a micro-profit.

As a shareholder all those microprofits add up for me in the value of my AMZN stock. I'm Amazon Prime and now a member of Amazon Music Unlimited. I have yet to find an album I can't listen to as long as I maintain my membership. I was driving today, shopping, I jacked my iPad into my car's audio system and listened to the Keisha album via cell Internet access. It was great! (BTW my CD will arrive tomorrow.) That's right, I can listen free any time but I'm still buying CDs.

Any Keisha, Fergie or ZZ Ward fans out there?

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
  2. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

One wag said that her rendition of the National Anthem was so bad that Colin Kaepernick stood up. :)

ethics likes this.
  3. Susan Addams

Well I think it was so beautiful that her performance brought tears to my eyes. Right now the tears are streaming down my cheeks.

That's the way Fergie sings. Except I've never heard her voice so beautiful.* In fact she has more talent than I ever dreamed of and I have all her albums, listen to them constantly. So I guess all you can say is, "gotta be a Fergie fan to like the performance."

They're lucky she didn't throw a little bit of M.I.L.F. $ into it! :rolf-53:

Many if not most of her songs are explicit verses, some to the extreme! I find myself laughing because the obscenity is so funny! Probably wouldn't be a good idea for me to quote any examples...

* I think the difference is that she usually has a band and other vocalists behind her, not a capella. Her pure voice stands out in this performance. She has magnificent talent!

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
  4. Susan Addams

Fergie - M.I.L.F. $

They're lucky she didn't do the National Anthem with her MILF Money style! :rolf-53:

I hope y'all won't think less of me but I think I have never ever seen a better video! She totally destroyed decorum! :laugh-46:

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018