1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Featured Discussion

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Steve, Jan 9, 2003.

1. Steve

Steve Is that it, then?

In the interest of fostering a greater understanding of the world's religions, philosophies, and expressions of spirituality, the "Religion of the Month" is now changed to "Featured Discussion".

Periodically, when the previous Featured Discussion winds down, Domhain or I will pick a religion, philosophy, etc. of our own choosing, or at the suggestion of any member. We will do some research and then post a summary of the religion's beliefs and practices, perhaps along with a few links for further reading, and then perhaps ask some questions to spark some discussion.

As "religion" implies a formal, methodical mode of worship, non-traditional, non-structured belief systems will also be included.

Any member is invited to participate in creating "Featured Discussion" topics; we just ask that you let us know in advance so we don't have overlap or duplication.

Featured Discussions will remain sticky until they wind down, at which time they'll be unstuck.

2. Coriolis

Coriolis Bob's your uncle

Sounds good. Can't wait! :thumbsup:

3. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Superb idea, guys!!!

4. Violet1966

Violet1966 Stand and Deliver Staff Member

Great idea!!! :thumbsup:

5. bruzzes

bruzzes Truthslayer

I definitely applaud your idea.

I do hope others can submit their reviews also, and it is not limited by only the two moderators. I had planned on submiting an overview on various religions myself.

Which ones and when I cannot say.

Is this option still open for others?

6. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

By all means, I don't see why Steven or Domh would object.

7. Aria

Aria All shall love me&despair

Sounds good very educational. We may find that we have more in common with other faiths than we think.

8. jamming

jamming Banned

Exactly, most faiths are trying to answer the same questions and deal with the same problems. We should really not concentrate upon what divides us but upon what we have in common.
    :thumbsup:

9. Steve

Steve Is that it, then?

Bruzzes, absolutely you may submit for review and comment. Domhain and I thought that doing this on a regular basis would be a good idea; we didn't intend to limit any other discussion.

You can do it whenever you want or, if you like, you can take a turn in the monthly rotation. Your call; either way is fine.

10. bruzzes

bruzzes Truthslayer

Thank you stevent.

No need for me to take a turn in the monthly rotation.
    I just wanted to make sure that some of the Eastern Religions were represented.

I am confident that they will be in the future.

I am looking forward to the discussions, and hope to learn from them.

11. Ugly

Ugly Fish is Brain Food

unstuck

Good plans you have there stevent. :thumbsup:

Some topics can give more discussion than others.

There is a cute saying about Judaisim, Two Jews, three opinions.

best fishes, Ugly

12. Domh

Domh Full Member

Heh - thats NOT something you have to worry about.

;)

13. bruzzes

bruzzes Truthslayer

You are now responding to a post that is three weeks old.

just kidding...;)

I know you are a kindred soul my friend...

I actually can't wait for info on Christianity and Judaism also!