1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fats are now our friends...

Discussion in 'Society and Culture' started by ethics, Jul 21, 2018.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Anecdotally, one who has worked out -- on and off -- for my entire life, I will say that fats were never my enemy. Never. Remember that I was here for the great Margarine revolution of the evil of butter. I was also here during the panic of what eggs -- especially egg yolk -- will do your cholesterol and essentially your heart.

People finally waking up?

Eat fats, people, stay away from carbs in breads, bagels, pastries... and sugars. ALL sugars.

Is the Healthiest Milk Whole, Skim, or Nut? - The Atlantic

2. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Yep. I've never shied away from eggs, butter, cheese, etc. Moderation, yes. But to cut it completely out of your diet is insane.

Oh, and almond milk has got to be some of the nastiest stuff on the face of this planet. I'm not a milk drinker by any stretch of the imagination, but that stuff has got to be some of the foulest liquid ever.

ethics likes this.
  3. Arc

Arc Full Member

Abnormal blood cholesterol levels is a major risk factor for heart disease. That's the bad news. But as noted in the OP by ethics for most people, dietary cholesterol has no impact on blood cholesterol level. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and U.S. Department of Agriculture now state that dietary cholesterol is no longer a nutrient for concern.

The above is, of course, the extreme opposite of what science and medicine were hysterically stating for decades.

What is important is your lipid blood cholesterol levels, especially LDL and HDL. But the good news is cholesterol in the food you eat has little effect on those levels.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
    ethics likes this.
  4. MemphisMark

MemphisMark Old School Conservative

Two words. Filled Milk.

Had that stuff while I was on Guam. the other choices were regular milk that had been frozen for several months as it slow-boated it's way from the West Coast, or outrageous prices ($15/half gallon) for fresh.