1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

f-prot 01-31-2003

Discussion in 'Bits & Bytes' started by claire, Jan 31, 2003.

1. claire

claire Registered User

New virus signature files for F-Prot Antivirus(tm), created
    on 30 January 2003, were released today

Use the updater or get here http://www.f-prot.com/download/

2. Robert Harris

Robert Harris Passed Away Aug. 19, 2006

Claire:

Glad you have started posting the F=Prot notices. I have let mine get out of date because I forget to check for updates. Frisk used to have a mailing list where they would send an e-mail alert every time there was an update, but they seem to have stopped using it.

F-Prot has been a favorite of mine since my office in Russia was invaded by a very nasty virus. It infected over a dozen machines before it was caught, and McAfee did not catch it nor did some other AV program a couple of people wee using. F-Prot did.

But the latest version seems to have given me one false alarm -- I hope. Have a program that I installed back in August. Trend-Micro AV never blinked at it and FP with the definitions immediately prior to the current set did not blink either. When I installed the latest definitions, however, it told me that a dll in the program file was "a destructive program." Hmmmm.

Been running that program for months with no problems, so I suspect a false positive but I have to do a little checking to be sure. Bah.

Do dlls harbor viruses?

At any event, thanks. :)

3. claire

claire Registered User

You're most welcome Robert.
    I'll try not to miss one;) :)