1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Everyone get a coin blocker for your browser...

Discussion in 'Bits & Bytes' started by ethics, Feb 11, 2018.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Folks, I urge EVERYONE to go and look for a miner blocker for the browser you're using. These fucking miner assholes are using your CPU to mine their fantasy coins. And when I say use your CPU, I mean it will spike to 100%, this is not like searching for a cure crunching proteins when CPU is available.

I use no coin blocker, at the very least everyone should do the same.

6 Easy Ways To Block Cryptocurrency Mining In Your Web Browser

screenshot_56.png

Susan Addams and Andy like this.
  2. Susan Addams

Susan Addams Unregistered User

Since about two months ago I've noticed inexplicable slowdowns from time to time, with similar browser windows arrayed on my desktop, and I was puzzled why it was taking me so long to switch windows or open new tasks. It's quite possible that I've been a victim of this type of activity. I guess it's kind of like spam, annoying but causing no long term damage.

The sad fact is that when people can get away with bad behavior anonymously some of them are always going to do it. Technology is just opening new areas and new opportunities for anonymous people to behave badly.

ETA: I did investigate using my task manager and could not find any unusual activity, no CPU usage spike. Memory usage was as usual.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  3. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member