1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EverQuest 2 Movies

Discussion in 'PC/Console Gaming' started by ethics, Nov 21, 2002.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

EMIG, was thinking of you when reading this. I haven't seen the movies yet but will give you my review here.

Article here

And Movies here

2. ethics

I am amazed by what I saw here. The characters are AMAZING! The housing, the sky even.

If this game does not break all records in sales, I don't know what will.

BTW, the videos are interviews with loads of movies.

3. RRedline

RRedline Veteran MMember

For anyone who who wants to know "what Sony does with allll that money they rake in," I suggest they check out those links. That dancing woman actually looked real to me. Her motion was very realistic...not jerky or artificial looking. Not only are they maintaining and improving EQ, but they are simultaneously developing EQ2.

I doubt I will ever give EQ another shot, but I may give its sequel a try. I'll probably end up addicted and call off sick once a week, though. Ahhh...the good old Ultima Online days. I miss that game.

4. ethics

Re: Re: EverQuest 2 Movies

I honestly think that we can scrounge people from this forum together and form our own guild. People on the West Coast can play together, same with the East, and interlink with times many times with all and in between.

I seriously think this game is gonna rock the socks off many people, even people who are not fans of EQ2.

Did you see the girl walking, btw? The dress movement? Unreal.

5. EMIG

EMIG Yup

I'm emerging Xine as we speak. I hope the gameplay is better as well, and it's not just all eye candy. Did either of you ever try one of the PvP servers on EQI?

6. RRedline

RRedline Veteran MMember

Re: Re: Re: EverQuest 2 Movies

Yeah, I watched all the movies. I was most impressed with the dancing lady. The crystals sprouting up out of the groud were pretty cool too. I would LOVE to get together as a group and play a game like that, but it is sooooooo time consuming. My relationship would probably suffer! I am also a perfectionist and very competitive. If someone was a higher level than I was, I would probably skip work if I thought it would help me catch up.

I can get into some role-playing too if that's what people want to do. When I played UO, I had a character that I used just for role-playing. It was a stealthy assassin type female. I once sneaked into someone's tower using stealth because they didn't shut the door(they let it shut itself after several seconds). After he left, I rearranged all of his furniture(set off a few traps too...ouchie)! He came back a little later and found me. He was like, "WTF?!" I told him to sit down and let mommy fix him something to eat. Man that was funny.

If I played with a group, I'd want to be anything other than a tank. A wizard, cleric or some kind of a buffer would probably suit my natural personality.

7. ethics

No. I am not in to that. It's bad enough you have NPC's but behind a tree some rogue can backstab you?

I did speak to a few players who came from PvP servers when I was in Legends and what they told me was some interesting scenarios.

For instance, one ran through all Dvolrags in Dreadlands and I was like, how did you do that?

"Oh, we are evil, so it's bad faction to kill them."

"Huh?"

"Well, it's safer to travel through DL because the goodies would con KOS to them. If they attack me, they would eventually agro something else in the fields, or I would run to one or two."

I thought the intelligence in strategy almost made me try it.

8. ethics

Re: Re: Re: Re: EverQuest 2 Movies

Good. I love tanking.

That UO experience was hilarious!!! :)

9. EMIG

EMIG Yup

Aarrgh, is it supposed to be in black & white? I guess I'm in for a long night of fighting Xine.

10. ethics

No, it's in color. Not rich color as you would expect but color nevertheless.