1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[WOW] Ever Get the Itch?

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by SixofNine, May 2, 2017.

1. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

It hit me over the weekend, probably the first time I ever felt a positive desire to rejoin the game after stopping when I started grad school in 2010. I was beta testing Cataclysm and abandoned a good chunk of a six-month subscription.

Anyhoo, I might dip my toe in using the 30-free-day deal, just to say hello to any surviving old pals on Cenarion Circle. I'm going to give it a while to see if the feeling passes. :) It would be a hoot to buy the expansion and insta-level good ol' seidinove to 100. Blizzard has some good catch-up material, too.

Your Account - WoW

2. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

While I miss the "old days", the way Blizz has gone with WoW has pretty much soured any inclination to return. Not to mention, botting is as bad as ever, asshats still abound in greater numbers, and cross realm asshattery is even easier with the majority of servers interconnected with each other. No longer are you playing just on Cenarion Circle.

The luster has long faded. In fact, I was looking at the amount of space being taken up by WoW and was considering nuking it from my system this morning.

3. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

If I were to do anything more than putz around during the free 30-day trial period, I would still be a far different player -- no more late night raids, for example.

4. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I get nostalgic about my characters and their adventures past a lot, but in my old age now, I tend to just look back on better times and not try and "go home" again.

Last time I went back it just wasn't the same, with the only thing I was able to really do was fly around those mounts-on-rails on that one small stupid island and grind faction.

5. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

I still play. I still enjoy the Panda world, I go for the easy achievements, the music and ambiance is still unmatched. LOTRO is wonderful but I want to slash my wrists out of depression that's brought on THAT ambiance.