1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eve Online: New Player's Review after 4 days

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by ethics, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

2. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A taste of what you get to look forward to later on when you have ~30 million skill points.. topping off a main skill to level V will take about a month. :eek2-94:

I just loaded up my longest skill ever today to finish Caldari battleships.. 28 days and change, and that is with having +3 implants and adjusting my attributes to let specific skills train faster.

2013.06.21.22.55.20.png

3. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

Another story for the annals of Eve:

http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugge...p-worth-9-000-destroyed-ambush-190533986.html

4. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

5. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

6. ethics

I pulled the trigger on it but I won't be able to get in to it till months away. I am taking courses and they are kicking my ass.

7. ethics

Hmmm, then I see this on Reddit: DON'T BUY EVE THROUGH STEAM
    It forces you to use Steam's SSO and doesn't give you a CCP services account name and password.

8. ethics

Found this at Green Man Gaming:

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/...starter-pack-amarr-bounty-hunter/#description

Launch your dreams for galactic conquest faster and easier with an EVE Online Starter Pack, a complete set of beginner gear to kick start your chosen career among the stars. Each Starter Pack includes a fully-equipped starship including all the necessary weapons, modules and skillbooks to put you in the pilot's seat faster and get you into the action the minute you log in. Additionally, the Starter Pack gives you 30 days of game time and the Prototype Cerebral Accelerator (skill booster) , allowing you to make the most of your first days in the opportunity-filled universe of EVE Online.
    The Starter Pack includes an activation code (“CD Key”) that can only be used to create new accounts or upgrade trial accounts; this game time cannot be applied to existing subscriptions. Using the Starter Pack to upgrade trial accounts created with the EVE Online Buddy Program makes the inviting player ineligible for a reward. To receive the in-game items included in the Starter Pack, create your character and click the “Redeem items!” button at the bottom of the character selection menu.

Key Features:
    Amarr Bounty Hunter Starter Pack includes:
    • The fast and deadly Executioner frigate
    • An arsenal of three Gatling Pulse Laser guns, loaded with ammo
    • Complete basic frigate equipment set to kit out your ship
    • Energy Management, High Speed Maneuvering and a dozen other critical skillbooks
    • Prototype Cerebral Accelerator (skill booster)
    • 30 days of game time

9. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I dont like their deals that "force" you into specific racial ships as incentives. They should have a way of redeeming an e

racial eqiluivalent of said ship after you are comfortable with which race you end up with.

Btw. Whoever clicked my 21 day trial link then upgraded to a full account.

Thank you.

I got a 30 day game time extenion for the referral.

10. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

From what I see, you still have to have an Eve account..

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=260422

11. ethics

Ok so I am good with Steam's then?

12. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Yeah, I think so, I haven't seen a wave of Steam players crying in the forums because they can't do something a regular purchaser can.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=6573-GZXN-7027

Eve Online Requires a Separate Account from Your Steam Account

There is no CD Key included with the Starter Pack. EVE now uses an open ID login to recognize your purchase when creating an account.

To link your purchase to a new account, install and launch the game through Steam.

This will bring up the EVE launcher. While the launcher finishes patching the game, follow the link below and select the green 'Sign in through Steam' button:
    https://login.eveonline.com/Account/LogOn

Complete the registration steps and return to the launcher. It should be finished patching at this time.
    Now, login using your new EVE account

http://community.eveonline.com/support/knowledge-base/article.aspx?articleId=429

What is Steam and how does it work in relations to EVE?

Steam is a gaming network that offers an alternative way to purchase new EVE Online accounts. At the Steam website, you can get an EVE Online account along with 14 days of free trial.
    What you need to do to activate your EVE account through Steam is to open your Steam client, right click on EVE under "My Games" and select "properties". You will see a option there to visit the EVE Online Account website. Select the option and you will be directed to a section of our website to start your sign up process.
    Steam only offers the initial purchase of EVE accounts at the moment, not the subscription payments which follow if you want to keep on playing after the initial 30 day subscription period.
    Please note that using Steam is only an alternative way to buy/register EVE Online accounts and is in no way required to buy the game or keep playing your current accounts.

13. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

That is,. other than the fact that STEAM players can't bypass the crappy new launcher and run the .exe locally, because it doesn't exist. :p

14. ethics

That's fine. Used to that for all the other games.

15. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

Another first for Eve Online: over 4,000 ship participate in the largest video game fight ever.

eve_4000_ships.jpg

16. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Fwiw.. the guys getting their asses handed to them (TEST) were some of the biggest blowhards in game, makes me feel better just watching them get steamrolled.

17. ethics

That's all the reddit people, so I am not surprised.