1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Europe DOES do some things right

Discussion in 'Society and Culture' started by Biker, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

I just don't see this happening in North America any time soon, if at all. Which is a shame, actually.

I find it ironic that the US prides itself on being open minded (yeah, right) yet remains uptight when it comes to sex and prostitution. Hell, even Ontario finally saw the light and swept away the majority of anti-prostitution laws.

Until the various religious groups are told to STFU and butt out, we'll continue to remain in the dark ages when it comes to sexuality and everything that comes with it. It's a pity that they continue to have a real say in the so called "morality" of the nation.

ethics likes this.
  2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

This is one the things I like about the members of the forum. Conservative but dynamic and open. I know most Liberals would be against this as they view as even a woman's choice to do this as exploitation.

3. MemphisMark

MemphisMark Old school Conservative

It's not about sex. It's about human trafficking. Many of the woman who engage in these "services" are nothing less than slaves to their pimps. Oh, sure they seem willing, but that is because they don't want to endure the abuse they will face if they don't bring in the money.

The psyche of a woman is a wonderful thing. They have enormous mental and emotional strength, and are able to endure situations that would destroy a man. The bad news is, it is well documented how to bend a woman to your will. It is a process that requires a psychopathic sadist, and it consists of breaking her will to resist, then rewarding any behavior the pimp deems acceptable. Soon, she is mentally conditioned to do what she is told.

Money is to be made in this "industry" and the sick bastards that do this should be castrated before being disemboweled. In public.

4. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

There are a couple of rather long threads on the trafficking aspect of prostitution. However, where it's legal and above board, you'll find exploiting is more difficult. Not impossible, mind you, but more difficult. It's easier for them to traffic in countries where prostitution is illegal because of the threat of incarceration.

This isn't about the exploitation. This is about letting religious institutions dictate the moral aspect of society which, in turn, creates generations of screwed up individuals when it comes to sex and sexuality.

5. cmhbob

cmhbob Did...did I do that? Staff Member

I have the same concerns as Mark, but if those can be addressed, then I don't see this being a bad idea. Ohio is moving forward WRT trafficking victims. Those with prostitution arrests who are trafficking victims are fast-tracked for having their records expunged.

http://www.nbc4i.com/story/23095921/victim-gets-new-life-after-human-trafficking-record-cleared

And as I was trying to find the link for that, there was a piece that suggested that many of the trafficking victims are illegal immigrants, making it easier to coerce them into the business.

6. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

In the places in the US where prostitution is legal (Nevada), the women not only aren't trafficked, they're making mad amounts of money. I mean insane profits. Sure, the businesses are too, but the women can work a couple of years and retire multimillionaires. They receive $2000 per hour for their services. That's a lot of cash.