1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Emerging Workplace Issues

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by btdude, Jan 13, 2003.

1. btdude

btdude Veteran Member

For the 21st Century, it is becoming apparent, and yet still foggy on what the issues will be in the workplaces of the future. Here are some areas I have identified. What are yours? This is not designed to be a good bad thing. Just suffice it to say that you all are an excellent source for what could be a very large project that will have National significance.

Emerging Issues in the Workplace

SOURCES:

TOPICS and ISSUES:

Age Discrimination
    Women in the Workplace
    Glass Ceiling
    Physical Impairment
    Genetic Discrimination
    Discrimination based on Physical Well-Being (disease)
    Gender Discrimination
    Sexual Orientation
    Arab and Muslim Americans
    Language Barrier
    Equal Pay

2. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

I would like to see "long hours on a regular basis".

It has gotten to the point white collar means 60 hours plus regularly, not just in a pinch. Anything over 40 should be the exception, not the rule.

3. Steve

Steve Is that it, then?

Unprepared entry-level workers (failure of schools)

Inflationary worth of college degrees

Flexible scheduling

Telecommuting

4. midranger4

midranger4 Banned

How bout thieving executives collecting 6 and 7 figure salaries while doing nothing but driving the company into the ground?

5. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

I'm more interested in the execs who get 8 and 9 digit salaries, like Ebbers and Lay who then pilot their organizations into the ground and leave big smoking craters.

Or, the likes of Jack Welch, who didn't harm GE at all, but who made more money than all the leaders of the free world together. He had no unqiue talents, beyond being able to piss people off to no end and not give a damn about the people he tanked.

SM