1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Email addresses

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Biker, Nov 2, 2006.

1. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Please ensure your email addresses are up to date and current. Many times, we have users change email addresses and not update their profile. This causes bounced messages to appear in the admin mailbox with the birthday notifications and thread subscriptions.

2. Biker

Some folks need a reminder.. ;)

3. Biker

And another reminder, especially for those that are fairly new to the site.

While we no longer send out birthday notices, there are other automatic functions with this site that cause emails to be sent out. I really don't want to turn email verification back on, but it that's what it takes to ensure we stay off the email blacklists, I will turn it back on.

4. Biker

This is soon to be a non-issue when 1.4 is released. If an account causes a bounced email, it's automatically placed in a state of suspension and forces the user to change their email address before they're allowed to participate further on the forums. This will help immensely with those who subscribe to threads and never update their email address.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2014
    ethics likes this.
  5. Greg

Greg Full Member

I set my server to send such messages from a do-not-reply email address. If messages are bouncing they must be turning into bogons or something, or adding to IBR (Internet background radiation). :)

6. Brazbit

Brazbit Nah... It can't be.

I have no idea what you could be implying. No one would ever forget to update every site they may have used a particular account on. That is so absurd!

*Guilty*