1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Elder Scrolls Online

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by SixofNine, Jan 17, 2013.

1. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

I haven't touched this franchise except to have a heavily discounted version of Skyrim sitting on my Steam account. Dare we hope for another MMO?

2. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

They're taking applications for closed beta testing.

http://signup.elderscrollsonline.com/

Ensure you run a dxdiag and have it available during the application process. They're going to want a copy.

3. SixofNine

Cinematic trailer - very impressive, though as hard experience has taught all of us, has no correlation to the game's prospects for success.

4. Biker

Watch the game play video. They're going to try some very interesting concepts.

!

Although I do foresee some extreme fail toons being rolled by the clueless. A tank that uses a bow? :eek:

And HOLY CRAP! I posted before I finished the video. The PvP portion at the end reminds me of the old epic Tarren Mill battles from the Vanilla WoW days! :D

5. SixofNine

Here's an early review.

Excerpt:

6. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Is this game out?

7. SixofNine

No, I think it's going to be a while.

8. Biker

9. SixofNine

I've only watched the first minute or so of this first-person combat video. I kind of felt like I was in Duskwood/Darkwind Pass, which is not meant to be a criticism -- it's actually a positive comment.

I was never much of a first-person fighter in WoW, as my main toons were casters and I preferred the balcony view. :)

10. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Wow, 46 minutes. I need to devote some time for that. As for 1st person? I loved it in EQ but had to go balcony in WoW as well.

11. Biker

Spring of 2014 release. I suspect Elder Scrolls is why Blizz is starting over with Titan.

12. Biker

Just received via email:

13. Biker

14. Biker

I'm stoked for this!

ethics likes this.
  15. SixofNine

Emails are being received today for a beta test this weekend.

16. Elspeth

Elspeth Beware the Fire Dragon

Got mine. Hopefully I will have time to look at it

17. SixofNine

I'm getting old. My daughter received a beta invitation, too. I'm going to have to fight her for time on the gaming desktop. :smile-79:

18. Biker

Got mine yesterday as well. Got it all downloaded yesterday and looking forward to tomorrow. :D

19. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

How the hell did I miss this.... You've seriously got my attention with this vid.

20. Biker

**sigh** Less than an hour to go before they bring the beta servers online. Be nice if they brought 'em up early.