1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

El-Al hijacking thwarted

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Sir Joseph, Nov 17, 2002.

1. Sir Joseph

Sir Joseph Registered User

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A2469-2002Nov17.html

1) I'm happy that it's thwarted but how did he get a knife on board?
    2) There seems to be an increase in Israeli Arabs' use of terrorism. It's no longer a role solely for Palestinians.
    3) Lastly, there seems to me at least a rise in terrorism throughout the world the past couple of weeks.

I think we're reaching the point where we can finally do what we need to do without the need to be PC.

2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

An attack on WTC showed numbskulls how easy it can be done, thanks to the atrocious Immigration policy and the lame airport security we have here in the US.

This was thwarted because El Al has marshalls flying on every flight. How he got the knife on the plane? Perhaps the screener was a US legal alien? ;)

3. Sir Joseph

The scary thing is that if they were able to get a knife onto an El-Al plane, imagine what they can get on a plane serviced by a rent-a-cop.

4. mikepd

mikepd Veteran Member

That's the one thing I do not understand. Their security is so thorough that it seems incomprhensible how a knife or a man in his mental state would not trigger an alarm somewhere during the screening process. As a last resort measure, it's a good thing they do put at least one armed guard on board each flight. Something just not possible here due to the sheer number of flights.

5. Sir Joseph

Well I remember last year a man landed in NY and found that he forgot to unpack his gun from his luggage. So it is possible. Then again their threshold for error is slightly smaller than the US threshold.

6. Misu

Misu Hey, I saw that.

Also, practice makes perfect - El Al has been dealing with this sort of thing for so long. We've only gotten a taste. It's going to take a while to get it down. Hopefully we do, though.

7. Perry Stroika

Perry Stroika Member

Jews know how to win against animals. They have been living with them for more than any other country.