1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ebola in North America?

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Biker, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Twitter race baiters right on cue blaming racism killed the idiot who brought ebola back with him after lying to get here.

2. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

I think their angle is how the hospital turned him away the first time, that being racism. It's lame, but w/e...

3. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Dallas is a liberal city.

4. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

Saw a picture today of Jessie Jackson with one of the aggrieved, doing what he does best. Sharpton must be pissed that Jessie beat him to the punch.

5. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Sharpton's too busy running NYC behind the scenes.

6. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

Two and a half months later, do you still hold the same opinion(s)?

7. ethics

Even more so. I'm more worried about Enterovirus and so should everyone else.

Copzilla likes this.
  8. Copzilla

Absofuckinglutely.

Little glazed donuts with legs running around sliming each other, now THAT is a higher risk scenario.

ethics likes this.
  9. Greg

Greg Full Member

You should worry more about getting injured/killed in a traffic accident. That's probably a million+ times more likely than catching either. Even if either or both mutate.

Anyway there's too many people. Maybe the human race needs a bit of pruning. Too bad Mother Nature is not aware of which ones need pruning.

10. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

Good point. But our attention spans are so short we only concern ourselves with what's on the front page of [insert news outlet here] on a daily basis. Next week we'll have forgotten all about either.

Some interesting information over at the Washington Post on the math surrounding Ebola.
    The ominous math of the Ebola epidemic - The Washington Post

As I think someone mentioned previously in this thread, what happens when this thing hits Mexico City?

ethics likes this.
  11. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

I noticed yesterday that Florida was one of the few states not hit with the enterovirus. Tonight the news announced a case here in Escambia County.

It was tested and treated four weeks ago. The test results just came back. No other cases yet.

ethics likes this.
  12. Greg

Greg Full Member

Obviously it would do what all the Republicans put together haven't been able to accomplish: close the border.

13. Copzilla

14. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

The two articles I read indicated that the worker was wearing protective gear yet still contracted the virus. Either he/she did not use the equipment properly or this is going to add a new twist to our understanding of the virus.

15. Allene

Allene Registered User

The CDC head doesn't or didn't want travel shut down between the United States and affected countries in West Africa on the basis it would prevent medical personnel from providing aid to these countries. That doesn't make sense to me. Why can't they put a travel ban on non-medical personnel, which would still permit authorized people to provide aid over there?

16. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

17. Allene

Allene Registered User

I think this is one situation that could benefit from central coordination, but only if the person or agency coordinating the effort is knowledgeable and competent. That may be asking too much of the federal government. Obama will probably sit on this until it reaches totally unmanageable levels and then appoint a totally incompetent person.

18. Allene

Allene Registered User

Breaking news in Boston--and so it begins! I just got this on email because I have a special 3 months for $5.00 subscription. I use it mostly for their archived obituaries going back a long way. If you have trouble opening this, let me know.

Officials quarantine Braintree medical facility, isolate patient citing Ebola protocol - Metro - The Boston Globe

19. Allene

Allene Registered User

20. ethics

Uh huh. You should work for Fox News.