1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dumping Google

Discussion in 'Bits & Bytes' started by ethics, Nov 23, 2011.

1. tke711

tke711 Oink Oink Staff Member

Google now filed a patent to listen to your background noise and view your photos to better target advertising to you.

http://www.mobiledia.com/news/134698.html

The article does state that Google isn't "planning" to use the feature right now, but given their recent track record I'd be willing to be it's coming.

2. Greg

Greg Full Member

Just how are they going to be able to hear your background noise? How are they going to be able to turn on your microphone and listen to it? Does the government know about this? I'm sure the gummint would love to be able to turn on our cellphone microphones at will and listen to our "background noise."

The problem with our Constitutional right to privacy is that it only protects us from government intrusions. We need an equivalent right that protects us from corporate invasion of privacy.

3. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Add me to this list. After a week of fighting with the morons at Google, I'm pulling the plug and going to outlook.com. I'm not happy about it, but at this point I have no choice.

In a nutshell. Google has fucked with their spam filters again and now for the past week the server messages I get are being blocked. I've sent them, on average, 3 emails a day demanding to know why the server is being blocked after all these years with no reply. Fuck 'em. I'm in the process of moving all my email from Google to Outlook and once the process is finished, I'm done with 'em. Will leave a forwarding address in place for a couple of months, but after that, the account is getting nuked.