1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dr. Laura a bad daughter?

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Robert Harris, Dec 20, 2002.

1. Robert Harris

Robert Harris Passed Away Aug. 19, 2006

It would seem that she did not try to contact her 77 yr. old mother for months and months. Apparently they did not get along. Too bad, because the old woman was dead for months. As Drudge reports it:

MURDER MYSTERY: DR LAURA'S MOTHER LAY DEAD FOR MONTHS IN APARTMENT

A gruesome scene has unfolded on North Palm Drive in Beverly Hills where Dr. Laura Schlessinger's mother has been found dead -- with the body going undiscovered for months!
    Yolanda Schlessinger, 77, died all alone in her apartment months ago, authorities now believe.

Dr. Laura said:

"I am shocked and horrified that she is a victim of a violent crime... I guess one of the reasons I am committed to sanctity of the family is because I was not fortunate to grow up in a close knit family myself... It was her choice to be estranged from her entire family... I do pray she is at peace... Hold your family very close, very tight and very dear, and don't sweat the petty stuff..."

More:
    http://www.drudgereport.com/laura.htm

2. drslash

drslash It's all about the beer

We all have our foibles.

I take her at her word that it was her mother's choice to be estranged from her family.

What Dr. Laura lacked in her family growing up has created a passion in her that drives her to try and keep families together. Maybe she has become a good daughter in other families.

3. Misu

Misu Hey, I saw that.

Not to defend Dr. Laura, but why do people automatically assume that it's the child's fault for the bad relationship between them and their parent?

4. Coot

Coot Passed Away January 7, 2010

Actually, I never considered the possibility that the Right Reverend Madam Doctor Turkey Neck ever had parents.

5. Jedi Writer

Jedi Writer Guest

It takes two to make a relationship just as it takes two to make an argument.

Whatever the facts of estrangement it is my understanding that the mother was estranged from the entire family, not just her famous daughter.

The family estrangement scenario similar to Dr. Laura's is quite common in this country.

I didn't click on the link supplied in the original post. Drudge is the online National Inquirer.

6. Sharondippity

Sharondippity Sweetness and Light

My mother and I recently reunited after not speaking for 22 years. After a period of time you just don't know how to stop not speaking.