1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[IMPORTANT] Downtime

Discussion in 'Rumblings from the Innards' started by Biker, Aug 11, 2013.

1. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

On Tuesday (August 13th) our hosting company is moving their data center to a new location. We'll be experiencing a few hours of downtime for the period of time it takes the company to move the server from point A to point B. Shouldn't be more than a few hours when they actually do it.

I'm also looking at possibly going from a dedicated server to VPS. While our server has served us very well over the years, it's getting rather long in the tooth and I'm starting to see performance issues. While a new dedicated box would be divine, a VPS would give us 4 times the performance at half the cost. Still researching things on that end, but I do expect to do something about our poor ol' box before the end of the month. I'll let you folks know, but the downtime will be minimal on that end as well.

2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

VPS is the way to go here. No brainer.

3. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

I thought so to until I looked at what the hosting company is offering on server deals. :drool-11: