1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Doom 3 released early!

Discussion in 'PC/Console Gaming' started by Frodo Lives, Aug 2, 2004.

1. Violet1966

Violet1966 Stand and Deliver Staff Member

Whoo hoo!!! Go Frodo!!! Enjoy :)

2. Frodo Lives

Frodo Lives Luke, I am NOT your father!

OMG!!

Leon, not playing this game would a great disservice to yourself as a gamer and lover of great masterpieces. This movie....er, game has more atmosphere then most movies and more frightening then any game I have ever played. It is not a run and gun like the earlier Dooms. It is very much a survival game. Survive the invasion of hell, game wise and for real because no other game is capable of giving you a heart attack. Just don't play it in the dark.......seriously. Everything I was hoping for and much more. And yes, it has more of a story then many games. Such as, when you first come under attack you can hear your fellow marines on the radio chatter as they fight...and die horribly.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

3. Violet1966

It really is an awesome game. My husband is floored by it too. It's nice to have a 160 gig hard drive so I could install it to two different places to keep our settings and saved games seperate and all that. Really enjoying this one...especially the single player game. :thumbsup:

4. Frodo Lives

A few files to help with the experience: (always back up your files. Use at your own discretion. ;) )

Back up Cd patch: ;) (Warning - Some people may experience a toolbar change when entering. I don't know why.)

Nitro Mod: This mad adds a little more blood and the bodies all stay. No disappearing demons or zombies here. :thumbsup:

Better graphics: Not for the faint of heart...er machine. This enables the creature shadows that are automatically disabled during install for all but the most powerful machines. I have not tried this one yet so I can't guarantee the effectiveness.

5. Violet1966

Wow with creature shadows...you'd know they were coming. I just had to stop playing because I was getting too freaked out. Playing single player and up to just where you find the guy then go through the vent shaft. I have to stop. Just freaked me the f out. LOL Thanks for the backup cd thing. I always hate having my cd drive accessed all the time. Waste ;) :thumbsup:

6. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

Danna, I went to the site to get the Doo3CD replacment and it removed my Google toolbar and replace with a Searchfont tool bar. I hate that.

7. Frodo Lives

Which site did you go to, Shiny?

8. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

I clicked on your link for the backcd patch.

9. Frodo Lives

And it switched your toolbar? That is strange, I have never had a problem with that site. You didn't accidental hit a popup did you? :huh:

I hope you can at least use the backup CD patch (just back up your original Doom3.exe file before so you can use it when an upgrade patch comes out. I learned that from personal experiences.) ;)

10. Violet1966

It didn't do it to me Shiny. That's freaky. My google toolbar is still there. You might need a security setting tweaked somewhere. Do a pcpitstop scan and see if it says to turn something up maybe? I'm using the new xp service pack so maybe that's why I wasn't affected. I did notice a lot of spots on the page that didn't load...like something on my comp might have blocked the baddies.

Frodo...post a warning on your post please. Just in case people don't read down here before going to those links.

11. tke711

tke711 Oink Oink Staff Member

Oh just wait Danna, it's going to freak you out even more! :)

I'm now on Delta Labs level 4 and things are getting just plain out of control. I can tell I'm finally getting close to the "end" because hell is talking to me more and more. Plus, the demon's are just friggin everywhere and there is literally demon growth on the walls and floor. It's like the Delta Labs have become a virtual hell.

I gotta give a big thank you to ID software for allowing us to save the game as often as we want, instead of only saving at the level change. They have been needed! ;)

12. Violet1966

Oh yeah...I've been f5'in away too. Can't wait to be scared more. LOL ;)