1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Doom 3 Alpha LEAKED!

Discussion in 'PC/Console Gaming' started by ethics, Nov 3, 2002.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

The Doom 3 E3 Demo Alpha has leaked to the public!

Did anyone else have the chance to play it and could post their FPS? Here are some sites with more information and screenshots:

Here here, and here

2. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

I hope they did not complicate it too much over previous versions.

3. ethics

What do you mean, Shiny?

4. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

It seems that first person shooters went from simple games to skipping, ducking, jumping. I think that is why I still like Doom games versus Quake etc.

5. ethics

Ahhh!

6. tke711

tke711 Oink Oink Staff Member

I just got my hands on this overnight :)

If the little one gives me a chance tonight, I'll install it and post some screen shots and give a little review.

No promises.....but I'll try to convince the wife that it's for reseach purposes and that she needs to watch the baby. :)

7. ethics

Alright TKE!!!!

8. RRedline

RRedline Veteran MMember

I have it, but I have yet to try it out. I understand that you have to fiddle around with the console and some other things to make it work. If I get around to trying it, I'll post some screens. Rumor has it that it isn't really worth much right now. Even with a very good system, you can expect very low, unplayable framerates.

Have you tried AoM yet? (Sorry, I'll quit pestering you.)

9. tke711

There is a speed up patch out there to help with the frame rate issue.

I understand that even with the patch it's not perfect, but I guess that it helps a lot.

10. Steve

Steve Is that it, then?

Am I a bad person for typing IDFA too much when I play Doom 2?

11. tke711

Sorry everyone, but I'm not going to have time to install and try it out tonight. My daughter got her first series of shots this morning and is not a happy camper tonight.

However, there was a screen shot included with the files I got so I have included that.

12. ethics

Holy CRAP!!!! The lighting, the LIGHTING!

13. Misu

Misu Hey, I saw that.

Are you kidding me, Shiny??? The rocket jump trick was the BEST EVER when Quake 1 first came out. Heheh I loved doing that move - launch myself up in the air with one rocket, then shoot down and kill everyone, it's the best. Words would fly fast and furious on the screen after one of my rocket jumps ;)

14. Misu

Misu Hey, I saw that.

Ok, I'm going to make a deal with all of you :

If you can figure out a way for my 1.2 ghz athlon tbird to run doom 3 without requiring me having to give up my left ovary, I will stay out of the 'serious' threads forever, I swear (because I'll be playing Doom 3 yayayayayay)

deal?

:happy:

15. Domh

Domh Full Member

LMAO

Misu, there arent enough goodies like you around. ;)

Ethics - THE LIGHTING! THE LIGHTING! LOL!

*craps pants*

That screenshot is stunning. Im getting frightened that in 25 years video is going to look better than reality. THEN what will I do?

:nut:

16. midranger4

midranger4 Banned

If I remember reading correctly a few months back this version of Doom recommends at P4@1.5gz with 512MB ram and a 128MB video card.

*minimum requirments* are much lower but will likely result in poor to totally unacceptable frame rates.

I had a similar problem when I first installed BF1942 and moved up to a PNY Ti4400 and gameplay improved substantially.

Found the following at http://www.doom3-extreme.com/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=3

What kind of gaming rig am I going to need to run this puppy?
    I would have to say a pretty darn fast one. a quote from Mr. Carmack to help answer that.

"I am hoping that the absolute top-of-the-line system available when the game ships will be capable of running it with all features enabled and anti-aliasing on at 60hz, but even the fastest cards of today are going to have to run at fairly low resolutions to get decent frame rates. Many will choose to drop a feature or two to get some speed back, but they still won't be able to get near 60hz."