1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Don't worry LA, you can still live in your cars

Discussion in 'Society and Culture' started by ethics, Jun 23, 2014.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

2. tke711

tke711 Oink Oink Staff Member

As long as they are parked legally, living in their car should be their prerogative.

ethics likes this.
  3. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

Shatner lived out of his pickup truck after Star Trek.

ethics likes this.
  4. Greg

Greg Full Member

Best they can do is make 'em move on, either by the 72 hour parking limit everywhere, or some loitering statute.

I recall homeless in Northridge parking their RV at the local park, go somewhere else for the day, back about the same spot at night. Month after month. No real problem I can see. I can't recall seeing anybody when I was at the park. They must be reclusive.

One problem is exclusive neighborhoods overlooking the beach or something. Alas, not MY problem. I can't recall even seeing the beach myself for 10 years.

5. Sir Joseph

Sir Joseph Registered User

At the rate property taxes are, I would expect some new RV's to hit the market.

6. tke711

tke711 Oink Oink Staff Member

And then they will find a way to tax it. :)

ethics likes this.
  7. Greg

Greg Full Member

Sold mine last year. I hated it. 32 foot 5th wheeler... hated the truck too and sold it too

As far as the taxes, I think I'm going to run out of heartbeat before I run out of money.