1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Donations for Bob Harris Basket

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by ethics, Apr 15, 2004.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Ok, order placed.

1. Roses for Ludmilla, personalize note to her from all of us at Globalaffairs.

2. Lillies and Gift basket to Robaire with different notes from all of us at Globalaffairs.

3. and a nurse Teddy bear named "Bobby" with another get well personalized note. Got to 105 bucks on this one, thanks to tax and I wanted it embroidered.:)

He should be getting both the teddy bear and roses on Monday, lillies tomorrow, and gift basket on Tuesday.
  2. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

Sorry, you need more cash for this? $105 for a bear is a bit excessive, you know! (Unless it's a live one.)

3. cdw

cdw Ahhhh...the good life.

Yeah, if you need more money, let us know!
  4. ethics

I'm cool. Thanks for the offers though. :)
  5. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

Leon, I think I can speak for all of us here in saying what I'm about to say.

I know you have been put through some aggravation, simply in trying to locate information so we all could express our best wishes. Your perserverance in this paid off, and you found his whereabouts. I will refrain from negativity in discussing this, but wanted you to know we all know, and thank you.

You also paid him a visit, which I'm sure lifted his spirits, and you spearheaded the drive to get him some arrangements and baskets. I'm figuring you paid a disproportionate amount too, just a hunch... Thank you for making this happen.

Leon, you're a good man, a good American, and we're all better for having you as a friend.:notworthy
  6. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

Yes Leon, you're a good American...immigrant scum, you.

7. ethics

Bah, just like to see people helped. I am just one person among some great people.

But thank you, Copz, and SM (bastard). :)
  8. Allene

Allene Registered User

I second what Copzilla said.

Thanks for everything.
  9. BigDeputyDog

BigDeputyDog Straight Shootin Admin Staff Member

I third what CopZ said and second what SM said... :haha:

Funds were posted today to you and should arrive by Monday/Tuesday... You know how the USPS works... :eek:

All selections were very nice. Ya done good, Leon!! :clap:

BDD... :{)
  10. Techie2000

Techie2000 The crowd would sing:

HEAR, HEAR!!! :clap:
  11. ethics

Thanks all. Was fun doing it, thank goodness it was a slow day at work. ;)
  12. ditch

ditch Downunder Member

Good on you Leon. :thumbsup:
  13. Misu

Misu Hey, I saw that.

scratch that - got a pm, everything's ok now :)
  14. ethics

Two things. Thank you for the late contributors. Helped get the cost down to where I didn't have to dish out too much. :)

Secondly, a shipment from order blah blah blah of Sunshine Fruit Basket has been picked up at our flower grower by FedEx and is scheduled to be delivered to Robert Harris on 04/17/04. For those that love tracking things:
    (looks like it was delivered)

Teddy Bear:
    Your gift was shipped via Federal Express from our Shelburne, VT factory and is scheduled for delivery by: 04-20-04. Gifts traveling to a business address will arrive by the end of the business day. Gifts on their way to a residential address will arrive by 8pm.

TRACKING #: 643268008013

15. cdw

cdw Ahhhh...the good life.

:) :) Yay!
  16. mikepd

mikepd Veteran Member

Leon, I canceled the first contribution as you pointed out it is obvious that I cannot read. The second one went through without any problems while mentioning that you were some sort of super verified, high priority member. I was suitably impressed. :)

Let me know if there are any problems getting it and if there are then I'll just use my Fed-Ex account and get funds to you that way.

Great news to hear that Bob is doing so well. It truly is.

17. ethics

18. Misu

Misu Hey, I saw that.

Yay I'm so happy to see he and his wife are going to be getting stacked deliveries! It's great to receive flowers when one is in the hospital - it makes being there just a little more bearable. YAY!
  19. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

That is cool, that they'll be delivered on different days, kind of a daily surprise.
  20. ethics

It cost a little more, but I was thinking, would I rather get this on one day or have it come different days? Working in the hospital and seeing the reactions of patients when they get even a stupid little arrangement, it was just awesome.