1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Doing Backup---Why It is Slow Now

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by ethics, Jan 7, 2003.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Doing a quick DB backup for some work on the forum. The slow accessibility is due to that. I shall be done in about 30 minutes.

2. Twingo

Twingo Registered User

I wasn't aware you were running this site yourself. I actually have a small forum just for my friends that I run and just wondered what kind of setup you have here (like what kind of system and bandwidth). Its a great setup for sure whatever it is. I really need to do some backups on mine and was actually thinking of switching it to another computer but I was lucky to get my forum working the first time (i'm using invision) and don't want to play with fire ;)

3. ethics

Well, we had some trouble with the host so I recently upped the bandwidth and the space.

I am still waiting to be moved to a dedicated server. Waiting on cppanel license.

4. joseftu

joseftu ORIGINAL Pomp-Dumpster

Is everything OK now? Problems were lingering and now I'm the only one online?
    I finally got in, but I'm all alone?

5. ethics

No, this was not the cause of the outage, joseftu, and I apologize for the timing. I'd prefer this server move happened in the middle of the night. :(

Anyway, for the explanation on the outage, see "We're Baaaaack" thread in Breaking News and Analysis forum.

Closing this thread lest there's more confusion. :)