1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you think a music forum would be a viable forum?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by IamZed, Dec 19, 2002.

1. IamZed

IamZed ...

Do you think we could start up a forum about music? Most of us are adults, so this would not be what Brittney wore last night, or Back Street Boys crapola as we have seen before when music comes up.
    Lets give a shot at discussing music that fascinates sharp minds.
    I am listening to Dvoraks Symphony No.7 at the moment. Got local house band glam punk in the car player though.
    Perhaps I am becoming eclectic. How much I like Kenny Rodgers is not what I am looking for here.
    Could we make constructive use of such a forum? The purpose of this site to me at the moment seems to be lets raise the bar a bit.
    That which has failed elsewhere is a challenge. Just keep the ax handy.

2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

If others think there would be interest, I can certainly create a place for it.

3. jamming

jamming Banned

Just to be clear this would be a Forum not for file-sharing correct? Just some nice discussion about music, we don't need any Music Industry types trying to shut us down.

4. IamZed

IamZed ...

No sharing or sharing talk I would hope. How we go about acquiring our music is our own business. I am old school. I dont have a single home made music CD except a few Dead recordings that are legal and I got thru the mail.
    No, I was just wondering how strong the interest in music was here.

5. jamming

jamming Banned

Cool just wanted to be sure, now all you need is to get a Moderator who is interested in Music to volunteer or volunteer to do it yourself.

6. Misu

Misu Hey, I saw that.

You know, a music forum would be really cool. I love music (and love getting it, but that's another forum ;) ) - I think a forum to discuss music would be really cool.

I don't know about discussing Beethoven's 5th symphony, but I'll get into a discussion about what I think Christina Aguilera is saying in her song "Dirrty".

7. Domh

Domh Full Member

Ill gladly discuss Beethoven and any and all sorts of music.

Im both a hardcore enthusiast and long time musician.

Ill also help if there a need for a mod.

;)

8. BigDeputyDog

BigDeputyDog Straight Shootin Admin Staff Member

Having been a card carrying member of a musician's union years ago (I'm a drummer), I've had a lifelong interest in music. My taste in music runs the gammut from classical to heavy metal to jazz.

BDD... :{)

9. Robert Harris

Robert Harris Passed Away Aug. 19, 2006

I guess I would join in ocasionally if all kinds of music was on the agenda, aalthough I generally don't talk about it much. I go to real performances whenever I can. (Just dropped a fortune on tickets to several performances at teh Metropolitan Opera. :))

10. rockotman

rockotman Blown on the steel breeze

Sign me up!

11. Techie2000

Techie2000 The crowd would sing:

12. ravital

ravital Banned

Yes, it would be a lovely forum to have (although I thought Society and Culture would be a good place for threads discussing music).

13. ditch

ditch Downunder Member

Yes, it could be called "Jamming" in memory of the long lost member of the same name.;)

14. Sharondippity

Sharondippity Sweetness and Light

Sounds good.

nyuk nyuk gawd I kill me.

15. bruzzes

bruzzes Truthslayer

I seldom look at dates and DID think that jamming had returned.

Jam session does sound like a good name if the forum is created.

Links or recommendations for radio station links should be appropriate.

16. Violet1966

Violet1966 Stand and Deliver Staff Member

Jeez...Two years ago and I actually remember this thread. Time sure does fly.

17. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Yep. Nothing wrong with putting music threads (as well as movie, books, and everything else pertaining to society and culture) in the Soc & Culture forum.