1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DNC already making changes???

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by tke711, Nov 7, 2002.

1. tke711

tke711 Oink Oink Staff Member

2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Well, they needed to make some changes. It's a corporation that had bad earnings. Time to fire people! ;)

3. btdude

btdude Veteran Member

I agree with Ethics. I, as a Democrat think that there should have been more of a push the issues, kind of thing. I have given this a lot of headache producing thought. Dems need to stand up for what they believe to be important, whatever it may be. The Senate allowed themselves to be taken down. I hope there can be some sort of coming together in the next 2 years.

4. Misu

Misu Hey, I saw that.

Wait, if the republicans are now the majority, wouldn't he need to step down as house leader anyway, since now a republican must be chosen for that spot?

5. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

Yes, but he could have run for minority leader. The gossip includes the possibility he wants to distance himself from this election in a bid for his party's nomination in 2004.

6. tke711

tke711 Oink Oink Staff Member

His is/was the House Minority Leader because the Dems were the minority in the house even prior to this election cycle. So, no, he would not need to step down as his party is still the minority.

Edit: Added quote from the article:

7. Sunriser13

Sunriser13 Knee Deep in Paradise

Each party has a leader, Misu; he is choosing not to to run again for House Minority Leader.

*Edit - Well, Gregg beat me to it... LOL!

8. drslash

drslash It's all about the beer

The Republicans were the majority before and Gephardt was the Minority Leader. The beef that some Democrats have with him is that under his leadership he has not been able to recapture the House since the Republicans took over in 1994. And then, when the Republicans actually added to their majority in the off year election, some Democrats think he should step aside.

9. Misu

Misu Hey, I saw that.

ahh ok. Makes sense that you guys would be gossiping about this now :p

10. Techie2000

Techie2000 The crowd would sing:

Yes I heard a piece about it on the news. Now the question is:

Are they going to move more to the left or more towards the center?

11. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

I think moving towards to what people want and actually listening to us, would be a small start. :)

12. Sunriser13

Sunriser13 Knee Deep in Paradise

That would be an excellent start, but I don't see that happening this millenium... :(

13. HaYwIrE

HaYwIrE Banned

It appears more to the left, according to a news stint I saw last night. Some woman is supposedly the top candidate (i missed her name) and she's so left wing, any farther left wing, and she'd be part of a bald eagle's anatomy.

And to think that there was just another thread about how the Democrats have just reached an all time low. :rolleyes:

14. Techie2000

Techie2000 The crowd would sing:

Haywire: Yeah but then there was also someone else who wants the position who wants to go towards the center...

15. HaYwIrE

HaYwIrE Banned

One can only hope. :)