1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dish has dropped Fox News

Discussion in 'Society and Culture' started by Allene, Dec 21, 2014.

1. Allene

Allene Registered User

I just went to check to see if it was true, and sure enough I get a message that Fox News removed itself. Not sure what is going on, but apparently their contract with Dish expired and Dish is refusing to renew it. I don't watch much TV news, preferring to just read it on the Internet, but it's the principle of the thing that bothers me. Is this political or economical? If it's the former, we'll be dropping Dish!

2. Allene

Allene Registered User

3. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Greed is what's going on.

4. Allene

Allene Registered User

Thanks!

5. rockotman

rockotman Blown on the steel breeze

Didn't Dish and CNN recently go through the same routine?

I think it got resolved late last month.

Greed is indeed the seed of the lack of the feed.

6. Allene

Allene Registered User

Yeah, I heard about CNN after I started the thread. What a pain!

7. Greg

Greg Full Member

Get cable. Although these fights go via cable too...

8. Allene

Allene Registered User

We're going back to DirectTV.

9. Greg

Greg Full Member

Fox will be back. It's a Mexican stand-off. Fox needs the coverage, Dish will lose subscribers if they don't carry Fox. Lose-lose situation if Fox isn't put back.

It's just a corporate battle on who gets what slice of the pie. Eventually both will realize that if they don't agree there will be no pie.

10. Allene

Allene Registered User

We have a few other reasons why we'd prefer to go back to DirectTV. We actually don't even watch Fox News on TV except when something really important is going on.

11. Greg

Greg Full Member

Then you are good to go... unless there's something important.

I'm glad we have TWC cable or Uverse (VDSL). I took the DirecTV out and filled the holes, tossed it in the trash. No dishes for me: ugly.

I play the game of ping-pong every year. Take the teaser, get teased, then like any teaser you run and switch sides.

As long as dished are not involved then it's ping vs. pong, TWC vs. Uverse, a new match every year.

This year I got a VOIP phone and 100 Mbps down from TWC, up from my 15 Mbps via Uverse. W. O. W.!

12. Allene

Allene Registered User

Have fun! ;)