1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Diablo III Official Thread

Discussion in 'PC/Console Gaming' started by Domh, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

I've gone with the triple shot arcane missile lmb and the orb bombers with reduced mana cost for my rmb. For my 1 and 2 talents, I'm using freeze and knockback/stuns for zerg survivability. 3 is my familiar which I use the fire familiar that boosts DPS. My 4 is the archon, which is a GREAT talent for blue or gold mobs, or a zerg assault. Among my passive talents is the 2 second slow for any mob hit with an arcane spell, so the triple missile has that affect.

My normal tactics on hard fights are to back into a portal so everything has to come through a funnel. Then I machine-gun the portal, and freeze or knock it back if it gets too thick.

My companion is the Templar which I've stam-stacked. He has about 14,000 health and 1500 armor right now, Act 2 Nightmare at level 45, and he pretty much never dies. He's a very good tank. He has the taunt and intercept talents. He crowds up doorways for me, it's kind of funny to see. I can't tell you how many bosses I've killed with him just jamming up a funnel and me nuking from behind him. He stands in fire, in puddles, doesn't seem to bother him too much.

2. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

Interesting. I'm not having any problem keeping my Monk alive in Nightmare mode. But I did get some equipment and gem help from my brother. I can't link my build here from work, but my Monk is LVL 37 right now with damage @ 1000. Using a 2-hand wep most stuff goes down with one hit. I do have to run every now and then when I get ganged up on by triple elites. But for the most part, I'm not having any trouble.

3. Copzilla

Finally... I left him behind after I reached him, for a few attempts, because it was obvious I was overmatched. Seems I geared up plenty, because when I came back to him after some time running around farming lesser areas collecting gear and amping up gems, I beat his freaking brains in without much difficulty.

diabloinferno.jpg

4. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Congrats!

5. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

6. ethics

7. ethics

Guess what's coming?

8. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

What? Can't see it from work.

9. Copzilla

Yawn... You know what I'd like to see? A Blizz MMORPG based on the Starcraft universe. I think Blizz could do a tech-future based MMO much better than SWTOR.

10. SixofNine

11. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Interesting, but I think the damage is already done...

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/10974978/

12. ethics

I guess. I still play but yeah, the whole farming ruined the game and people don't play it but became a Chinese farm-fest.

13. ethics

D3 2.0 is out. Check it out, almost completely different game now (in a good way).

14. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I patched up and ran a few maps, not bad, seems like it's a loot pinata now though just running through regular areas, Already replaced most of my gear I had on my Barbarian and his companion within about 2 hours of playing.

Been so long I forget how to mash buttons in right order still.

15. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Interesting new mechanic, no matter where you go in the acts, the mobs will now always be around the same level as you, as long as you ave any act unlocked you can start a new game and go to that act and they will not be too high a level for you to run that act.

Still have not seen any of these set items I keep seeing players linking in general chat though, but plenty of legendaries.

16. ethics

The greens? Same. Got a few oranges but that's about it.

17. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Since the expansion I got my barbarian to 70 in expert, well almost, I hit the very end boss in act V and was punted so fast I had to downgrade the game twice to normal in order to survive, which was odd since I had zero issues with other named mobs all the way through the act.

The Crusader is decent, and I chose to use the new mechanic to level.

Adventuring and Bounties.

With this mode you can teleport to any area in any act at will, defeat specific mobs or dungeons in each act (5 bounties per act and 2 acrts per game have a bonus attached ) and get another bonus from Tyryal at the end.
    You also get tokens that open rifts, which take you to random levels in the game (Including Whymsyshire!) in progression until you kill X number of mobs and the end boss spawns, once you down the boss you can continue to kill and explore until you clean out the Rift then turn in the quest for another bonus.

Act V was very well done, many side rooms/dungeons to explore in each zone and run dynamic events along the way, and orange loot dropping quite regularly with the green set items being the pieces of choice.

I gotta say that destroying the false virtual cash economy and focusing solely on the GAME was probably the best thing that Blizz has done in years. I've got millions in gold and only really need to spend it on repairs and to craft items once I have collected mats and plans.

I've seen only a few gold spammers that get laughed out of general chat and reported pretty quickly.

Oh, and they added an NPC enchanter that can change stats on any item that you rescue in act V and she is then available to your entire account afterwards, and she also has a transmogrify crafting section the look you "learn" with each new legendary armor you discover.

This is the look of my Barb after hitting 70 and getting some decent legendaries.

stil1.JPG

ethics likes this.
  18. ethics

19. SixofNine

20. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Im no where near geared up enough to run stuff on the torment level which has a slider to make it even harder.